Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sayantani787 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 07:05 AM
    Physics sums
    An aircraft flying horizontally at height of 1.5 km above the ground is observed from certain point on the earth to subtend an angle of 60 degree. After 15 seconds, its angle of elevation from the same point is observed to be 30 degree. Calculate the speed of the aircraft in km/h.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 14, 2012, 12:16 PM
    Using tangent of the subtended angles you can determine the aircraft's horizontal distance for the two different angles.

The difference between those horizontal distances divided by the time of 15 seconds gives the speed that the aircraft is approaching.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solving sums of physics gravitation? [ 4 Answers ]

If the mass of the planet is 5*10^20kg and a body of mass 20 kg is on the planet then what is the value of gravitational force if the radius of the planet is 3.34*10^4m. Find the weight of the body on the planet.

Physics gravitation sums [ 2 Answers ]

What is the weight of the body on the surface of the moon, if on planet a it weighs 96n where ga=4.8m/s^2

Derivaive (rule of sums) [ 2 Answers ]

find the derivative of f(x)= x^3+2e^3 I'm not sure if I'm right so that's why I'm putting this up. I believe that the answer is 3x^2+6e^2

View more questions Search