Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steveb8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 03:37 AM
    Why does my sister get an American ringing tone on her Italian phone line?
    My sisters boyfriend in the US rings her when travelling by dialling his home number & automatically rerouting the call to Italy.
    This worked fine until 6 months ago. Now she hears an American ringing tone when he calls,& when she picks up the line goes dead. If he keeps ringing, up to 15,20,times, she eventually hears her Italian ringing tone & then the call connects OK.
    The US phone company say their router is working correctly as the call is connecting every time, & the problem must be in Italy. But the Italian phone company insist its not at their end.
    Has anyone experienced a similar problem & can explain why this is happening?

Check out some similar questions!

Muffled Hearing In Left Ear With A Low Tone Ringing [ 14 Answers ]

And every time someone talks it sounds like a child's slide whistle or like a tiny alien in my ear translating the words into a different language, yes I'm aware that sounds way silly and I have no mental illnesses or anything, just trying to explain what's going on the best way possible. I haven't...

Italian immigration law- can an American become Italian based on bloodline [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I currently hold an American passport as I was born there in 1964. My father is Italian by birth and my grandparents the same. My mother is British. I left America in 1965 and have lived in the UK with both parents ever since. I have Indefinite leave to Remain. I do not hold British...

If one phone line is broken do all phones lose dial tone? [ 1 Answers ]

We have DSL, but no dial tone. There is one wire that ran to an outside wall that might have been disturbed by contractors replacing the siding.

No dial tone with Verizon new phone line [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everybody how's it going? I'm having a problem with a new phone line I ordered from Verizon. There is no dial tone even though they said that the service has been established. I've done the NID test and there is no dial tone from the NID, so I think the problem is there. I think I've...

Phone Line No Dial Tone, But Works with incoming calls [ 4 Answers ]

I hope someone here can help me with this. I have only one phone line at home,Verizon landline, with a regular phone connected to a wall, and a panasonic cordless 5.8ghz phone with extra handset. Everything works fine 95% percent of the time but 3 times in the last month when I wake up in the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.