Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tester3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 09:47 PM
    No water coming on from Submesible well pump.
    I have no water getting pumped out of my well, we can hear the Pump and feel the vibration at ton the well head. But when we open the spiket right before the Aerator tank we have no water. And gauges are at 0..

What could be causing this.. Could it be that the water levels in my area dropped.
    Also I have a check valve right at the top.

I'm think either its getting air. From a Broken Pipe above the water levels or a water drop.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2012, 11:15 PM
    By your description, sound like well ran dry. How deep is your well? Do any of your neighbors have the same problem? Can you lower the pump in your well?

Quote Originally Posted by ;
    It is possible that the fractures that feed well have become clogged and need to be cleaned.
    Turn off pump or it will burn out motor. Have well man check it out. They will be able to tell you which way you have to go.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Submesible pump only be on 5 secs, is that a concern? [ 12 Answers ]

I have a very old bagless steel water tank. My well pump set to 30 psi - 60 psi. If I turn one faucet on, the pump will be off for 45 seconds and on only 5 secs and off 45 seconds again... When it is on, the gauge shows the pressure shoot from 30 to around 70-80 psi and immediately drop to 60... ...

Short cycling submesible pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have a submersible well pump. It is short cycling. My water pressure quickly drops and then increases very quickly for a few seconds while the pump is running, This occurs every few seconds with the pump pressure switch turning off and on. What is the problem?

Oily or 'hot' smell coming from water after replacing well water pump [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I had to replace our water pump after it ceased and died on us this past Friday night! Ever since we replaced the well pump with a new Gould 1/2 hp we have been noticing an oily or hot smell coming from our taps... doesnt matter if it's the kitchen or the bathroom sink or...

Well pump- water stopped coming out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a well system, last night it stopped working. The water just stopped. How do I find out what is wrong?

View more questions Search