Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryzx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 09:28 PM
    Employment lawsuit or small claims suit
    My question is how do I get an out of state company that worked me in a different state to pay me for all the time they owe me for working out of my state, and hospital bills accrued by their mistreatment? This company hired me and worked me for 3 months. They didn't have enough money to afford hotel rooms for all of us, so they made me sleep on a hotel room floor. When they didn't pay me and charged me for eating once a day for the first month, I COULD NOT leave - no $$$. The company paid me once, then their son and "friends" (all gang members) robbed me and left state. So the company (Checkered Flag Mowing out of SC) kept me for 2 more months saying they will pay. After a lot of bs, I went to the hospital for a heart attack at 32 and got discharged with "nothing physically wrong" AKA CAUSED by stress. Now I have hospital bills that are piling up and no way to get money out of this company... They employed me from 6-10 to 9-10 and I NEEEEEEEED help! They owe me for the time I worked there and hospital bills and will not pay. What do I do before I can't do anything about it cause it was too long ago... I talked to lawyers and because the wages they owe me are less than 5000 they won't help me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2012, 09:52 PM
    Of course you always had ways out, call the police, go to a local homeless shelter, So I am not sure that you may even have a case for pay for all of those months. After you knew you were not being paid, and robbed by the company, you still stayed. That would have to be explained where a judge would believe you.

You can call and file a claim with the department of labor, or go though small claims court, either one would work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HSBC small claims law suit. [ 8 Answers ]

I am being sued by HSBC in small claims for $1,294.00. I have been making payments with the law office (debt collectors) for several months. I was unable to make the payment in April due to being hospitalized. When I realized that I could not make that payment I called and spoke with the man...

Possible small claims lawsuit [ 33 Answers ]

Hi.. last jan a lady didn't yield to cross traffic (me) & my car ran into hers. From jan-aug.09 I have been to the doctors 15 times (10 were for physical therapy). I had whiplash, severe hedaches & mental anguish. My total med bills are $3,700.00. What can I expect to get (or ask) for...

Small claims suit against employer? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm out of work on legitimate disability and will probably lose my job either before I come back or they'll think of some reason to fire me shortly after I return. (I've seen them do this to a handful of people). I'm filing a claim with AFLAC, which is offered through my employer and I pay premiums...

Small claims lawsuit question? [ 0 Answers ]

I am in the process of filing a small claims lawsuit for $3000. I bought a $7000 car as a gift for an ex boyfriend. We broke up two months after the gift was given, and I feel I should be paid back either half the amount I spent or be given back the car. I have all the receipts showing I paid in...

View more questions Search