Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    persongirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Testing water hardness
    I have a 3.5 gallon betta breeding tank. I used a ph decreaser on it and I dropped from 7.8 to 7.2 and its jumped back up again. It's a homemade tank and the water totally STINKS! I can't stabilize the ph and I know its not the decorations. Could it be water hardness? Pleeeeease help!
    GZDZ Posts: 139, Reputation: 18

Feb 26, 2012, 10:45 AM
    Use a water softener. Add some peat to the filter to lower the hardness and ph.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hardness of water [ 1 Answers ]

25.00mL of a tap water sample is titrated with 5.00 x 10^-3M EDTA solution.6.25mL is required to the endpoint .what is the hardness of the water in ppm

Calculate the ppm CaCO3 hardness of a water sample [ 1 Answers ]

The calcium hardness of a water sample is found by complexation of Ca2+ with excess EDTA and back-titrating the excess with MgCl2. A known amount of EDTA (0.0100 M, 25.00 mL) is added to a 20 mL aliquot of the water sample. (Y is used to symbolise the EDTA molecule) Ca2+(aq) + Y4-(aq) <->...

Aquarium water hardness [ 1 Answers ]

My aquarium water tests out as very hard. I use well water that is in an area known for lime content. I add water to the tank that has been run through a Brita filter. Can I use aquarium salt to soften the water?

Testing water [ 1 Answers ]

What's The Easiest Way To Test Lime Levels In Water

View more questions Search