Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marshall592 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
    Adjusting Entries for Journal Entries
    The Journal Entry is as of November 31

1. On October 22, a loan was issued to company XYZ for $140,000, originating November 1. The company pays interest on the loan every 6 months along with a principal repayment of $20,000, beginning May 1. What would the journal entries and adjusting journal entries be for company XYZ?

2. If 500 dollars of inventory spoils (company is a restaurant) how would this look in a journal entry? What would be the debits and what would be the credits?

3. Would a sign for a company be an expense or asset? What about decorating, if it costs 4000 for artifacts, are they an asset or expense?

4. Would an electronic transfer be classified as Cash in a journal entry?

5. If the company spends $500 on advertising would it need an adjusting entry or only debiting advertising expense 500 and crediting cash 500?

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entries & Adjusting Journal Entries [ 2 Answers ]

Nov. 15- Purchased $1,600 of merchandise on account from Martin Co, terms 1/30; paid $60 of associated freight charges in cash. My answer: Merchandise Inventory $1600 Accounts Payable $1600 Cash $60 Freight Expense $60...

Adjusting journal entries [ 1 Answers ]

I have an unadjusted trial balance. All original entries involving cash have been made, but some entries were recorded incorrectly. I have to prepare in journal entry form all adjusting and correcting journal entries. This is one of my questions. I'm not sure what to do with last years balance and...

Journal Entries, Adjusting Entries, and Trial and Adjusted Trial Balance [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with this? I'm confused on how to post these and how to prepare the Adjusted Trial Balance. Window Washing Company opened on July 1, 2010. During July the following transactions were completed. July 1 Issued 14,456 shares of common stock for $14,456 cash. July...

Adjusting journal entries from adjusting column of work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prepare necessary adjusting journal entries (a) through (e) by using the following information from the Adjustments columns of a 10-column work sheet. Interest recievable (d)$880 Office supplies ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.