Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsE.37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 12:55 PM
    Understanding everyday conversation with my spouse - how do I make myself clear?
    In general conversations, I say a sentence of information, and my husband will answer with something way different from what subject I was speaking about. I react by repeating the information again, but louder and with an attitude. He says I mumble that's why he didn't hear right. His hearing is good most of the time. Mine is too. Now I'm wondering what I do for a mumbling problem. I have heard that if I practice reading aloud, it may help. But conversation is spur of the moment and catches me off guard. It makes my husband feel old and forgetful and it's not worth speaking to me. We are both age 75.
    2/10/12 Oakton, VA resident.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2012, 01:44 PM
    Honestly it may be he is ignoring you, he may have a hearing issue, has he been tested?

Do other people have trouble understanding you?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2012, 10:33 PM
    It would seem he has a hearing issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to make a dirty conversation with the boyfrid can you give me a start line [ 1 Answers ]

Need to make a dirty conversation with the boyfrid can you give me a start line

What can I do if some kids make fun of me and bully me everyday when found alone? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a 40 years old shy man. Its where I live and when my mom and sister goes to work, I go to get things from the supermarket or just go walking and I meet those kids who make fun of me, saying here's the "sweety", they start pushing me, pulling me from my shirts and kicking me. I cannot...

What is appropriate conversation with ex spouse, when both remarried? [ 1 Answers ]

Anybody with experience? How about when ex's parents pass on? How about when your parents pass on? How about when ex is having a ton of anxiety about life and wants your spouse to cheer them up (because that is the way it has always been?)

View more questions Search