Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShazzaGirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 11:33 AM
    Hair strand test! Help!
    Right. I'm having to be made to do a drugs and alcohol test that goes back 90 days ( 3 months ) but.. The last time I had a hit on a spliff. And was literally say 2 tokes? Cause id been drinking and my friend told me it was a ciggie. Hey all know full well I hate cannabis. It makes me major paranoid.. This was on November 14th and the last time I had a drink was 5 large vodka and cokes. Didn't get me drunk though. Just worrid. I'm a girl and my hair comes just to my shoulders. Its now February 11th and I've got my drugs test next week :'( so worried I can't fail this.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2012, 12:02 PM
    "2 tokes", single use, will not show up in a hair test. (1) In order for THC/THCA to be incorporated into hair usually requires frequent use.(2)

I am not clear about when you had the 5 drinks. Is the hair test for alcohol use also?

Ref:
    1) Auwater (2010)
    2) DuPont (2008)

Feb 11, 2012, 02:15 PM
    Thing is; my brother regularly smokes it; and I may occaisionally breathe in the second hand smoke not purposely; but I don't always remember to hold my breath if I'm walking past him if you get what I'm mean? Xbut only outside cause we stand outside so I can have a ciggie; and he smokes what he wants; and the 5 drinks were at the end of november; please reply; thank you xxx
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2012, 02:32 PM
    Second hand and side-stream smoke can be a problem with hair testing (1). Particularly when you have prolonged or repeated exposure. So long as the test is properly performed you should be OK. The alcohol shouldn't pose a problem due to the small amount and length of time.

Ref:
    Auwater (2010)

Feb 12, 2012, 02:34 AM
    What about if I had a doctors note explaining I've been exposed to second hand smoke. Because my brother smokes it for medical reasons; as he can't have THC prescibed. They know he smokes it? X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair strand test for alcohol [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know how the calculation is done for hair strand tests for alcohol. I have done a lot of reading on it but can't seem to find an answer to this. I know that 1.5 inches is usually taken and that represents around 90 days. Also know that the 'cut off' seems to be around 60g of alcohol a...

Hair strand test for alcohol [ 0 Answers ]

Please can anyone tell me what I should expect from the results! As my ex is trying to get visiting rights to my children and he is clearly unfit through excess drinking... Which caused the children to be at risk, it is as we speak going through court and I know the it will reveal he is a drinker...

How to pass a hair strand test [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm in the prosses of getting my daughter back at court but I have to do another hair strand test to see how much alcohol I've been drinking is there any way I could pass the test or do it so it looks like I haven't hardly had a drink?? Thanks

Shampoo for hair strand test [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend a shampoo that has actually worked in passing a hair strand test for drugs and alcohol?

Due to take hair strand test [ 2 Answers ]

I am due to take a hair strand test in the next couple of days testing for cocaine. This test is to go back 6 months. I have been clear of cocaine for 167 days, my hair is short (approx 3/4inchs long) and I dye it regually (twice a month) will anything show up?

View more questions Search