Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahmed321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 02:57 AM
    Physics numerical
    A sprinter accelerates from rest to her top velocity at a rate of 3.80m/s2. After reaching her top velocity, she runs the remainder of the race at constant velocity. She completes the 50.00m long race in 7.88s . How far does the sprinter run while she is accelerating ?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 14, 2012, 12:02 PM
    Consider that there are two phases to this problem - an initial acceleration phase and then a constant velocity phase. You can set up the followoing equations:

The distance traveled is:

where a = 3.8m/s^2

The total time is

The velocity for phase 2 is:

So now you have three equations in three unknowns (v, t_1 and t_2), so you can solve for those values. Then you can answer the question using either of these equations:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can anyone solve this numerical? [ 1 Answers ]

a wave travelling along a string is described by y(x,t)=0.005 sin(80.0x- 3.0 t. calculate the displacement y of the wave at a distance x= 30 cm and t=20 s?

What is Numerical Reconciliation [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on an assignment and it has a question about Numerical Reconciliation I have been all through the text and can't find it anywhere. Is there anyone out there who can tell me what this is so I can finish this assignment?

Numerical on work [ 1 Answers ]

A man climbs a ladder carrying a concrete block of 5 kg. if the ladder makes an angle of 30 degree to the vertical and the ladder is 3 mtr long. How much work the man does on the block?

Numerical equivalent of a bazillion? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - What exactly is a bazillion? Or is it just an expression? 1e12 = trillion 1e15 = zillion 1e18 = gazillion

View more questions Search