Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helphelphelp487 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 10:12 PM
    Dating someone new.. Is he ghosting?
    For about 3 weeks, I've started hanging out with a guy. Things were great up until a week ago, he was completely into me, texted me all the time. Said good night and good morning every day.. I thought I finally found a good guy and feeling very happy about this. I haven't quite fully opened up to him (he makes me shy still so I can't fully be myself) I'm trying my best though but I'm worried I'm slowly screwing myself over by being too quiet and not attempting to connect... And now I am getting a different vibe from him and his texting is slowing down compared to the first 2 weeks of hanging out.

Nevertheless he still tells me everyday that he's into me, and compliments me... It's just little things I'm noticing like his texting has slowed down (I don't text him all the time either for fear of coming across as needy and desperate) but I do notice his lack of texting. I was careful of not letting anything going to far physically too so I don't think that's the problem... I just want to know what everyone though of this? Am I over analyzing?

I try tell myself everyday to settle down and that we're still getting to know each other but it seems like before he was so eager to talk to me all the time and I was flattered and always texted back.. This all changed when he drove up 7 hours to spend the weekend with me, ever since he left.. Things have been weird, and I miss how affectionate he was for the first two weeks and this week is mainly lacking in us communicating like before.

So what I want to know basically is he still into me as much as he was earlier on?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 11:30 PM
    3 weeks is nothing and way to soon to be so insecure, as you seem to be in a long distance type thing. Its way to early to even tell if his words and actions even match. Maybe less texting and more talking by phone would help a lot I think.

At this point in time, you are more part time text buddies until you get more time to know each other so don't get carried away so soon. He is a total stranger at this time. Long Distance Relationships, are tough when all you have are texts between you.

I doubt if either of you has a clue who the other really is enough to define or know what's going on. Its just to soon, and too much distance between you.
    geminichick Posts: 187, Reputation: 57

Feb 13, 2012, 05:20 AM
    First of all, I would like to mention that it is not always safe to disclose your whole self to someone you hardly know. You have no earthly idea what this guy is really like.

Second, it's a little premature for him to say that "he's into you." For the same reason that he hardly knows you and you haven't been together that long.

Third, Many women get emotionally connected to a man after being sexually intimate, which is a horrible mistake. You need to really find something to fill that void your having in your life. The one to feel loved by a man. Instead of obssessing over this guy, try and find other things to do. Like go out with your girlfriends. Go to the mall or get your hair or nails done. Your going to drive yourself insane over this man when you don't even know if it will work. Long distance relationships are tricky.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Samsung lcd TV ghosting [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Samsung 40" lcd TV model le40r87bd and the picture has recently started to ghost and become blurred , is it repairable and if so how much does it usually cost? It only seems to be doing this through the scart socket into my cable box(cable box been checked by virgin media) dvd player...

Removing tape ghosting from wood table top [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had to cover an oak table top to protect it from paint. Blue painter's tape was used, and not the delicate surface tape (kick me). In the process of removing the tape, a ghosting occurred where the tape was. This was NOT tape residue, but more like the ghosting you see when you leave a...

Ghosting [ 1 Answers ]

My TV has a blue and yellow hugh on everything. I believe they call it ghosting. Is there any way I can fix this without having to replace my TV? I have a Panasonc Model number PT-47wx42f.

Upgrading to another computer - Cloning/Ghosting? [ 4 Answers ]

Could someone give me a walkthrough to how to upgrade to a new computer, whilst keeping the exact data from the old hard drive. I will need to clone/ghost one hard drive onto another. Will I have to uninstall drivers for the old computer before I clone it? I'll also need some free software for...

View more questions Search