Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wife_2 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 09:54 AM
    Child Support Stopped
    About a month ago, my husbands ex was asked to come in to the child support office to verify the information that my husband informed them of. (daughter 17, pregnant, living with boyfriend, son 18, court emancipated). She had the child support file to change child support, before all this information was processed. She has not signed for any certified letters the shild support has sent (doesn't live at the address stated) What I'm trying to ask, does he continue to pay his child support and why is it that they don't process this as quick as to lien a bank account? My husbands ex will drag this on as long as possible.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 10, 2012, 10:28 AM
    He pays as long as there is a court order to pay. Once the court issues a modified order he can stop. He may be able to have the order go retroactive to when he filed and recover the overpayment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 09:24 PM
    As long as the court order is valid, he has to pay, If child support is acting slow, he hires an attorney and files in court for a hearing before the judge to have it settled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can child support be stopped? [ 10 Answers ]

Custodian parent wants a ten thousand dollar settlement. If the settlement is paid, can child support be stopped? Children are twelve and sixteen.

Child support has stopped. [ 20 Answers ]

My ex joined the military a couple months ago as a reservist. I didn't make a big deal about it. However I am just learning that he left his job. Not sure if it was voluntary, but when I called his job his worker said he no longer works there because he left for a tour of duty. I did confirm he...

Need child support stopped [ 1 Answers ]

I was court order to pay child support on my son until he was 18 years old. He is now 22 and I have the need to stop the payments that are being taken from my check. There is no back support owed and I have paid it for 4 years that I did not have to pay. His mother refuses to file the paper work in...

Can iget child support stopped [ 9 Answers ]

I just found out that I have a ten year old kid I never knew about so I have not ever seen it and I have been going through court for the last year and still have not seen the kid and the mom has not showed up to any of the court dates so I was wanting to know if I might be able to get the child...

View more questions Search