Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sparky1970 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 08:18 AM
    How much child/spousal support is average in UK?
    My wife and I are separated and I was hoping we could manage things amicably but she's being verbally and physically abusive towards me for leaving her, and she's refusing to let me see my son.

I didn't want to have to bring solicitors in to this, but now I realise that if I want to continue a healthy relationship with my child I need to. I know that I will have to pay child support, which I am more than happy to do to ensure my son has everything he needs while he is growing up (he's 12 now), but I was wondering whether I will have to pay for my ex to keep her lifestyle as well? I'm quite loathed to do that after the way she has treated me and the lies she is telling my son about me.

I work two full time jobs, and earn around £55k a year through them. My ex works two days a week in admin, and my son is at school full time. On average, what percentage will I have to pay to my ex? Should I take her to court for not letting me see my son for cancelling arranged visits at the last minute for no reason?

Many thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Spousal support [ 5 Answers ]

Will I loose my spousal support if he files for bankruptcy

Spousal and Child Support and Asset division [ 2 Answers ]

My wife is filling for divorce, after 9 1/2 years of marriage, she was an MD (Pediatrician) on H1b Visa, After the marrige, she gained her US Citizen through me, we had a 9 yrs old son. After I married here she move into my new house, during the marriage, she gain another (2nd) speciality in...

Spousal and Child Support and Asset division [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is filling for divorce, after 9 1/2 years of marriage, she was an MD (Pediatrician) on H1b Visa, After the marrige, she gained her US Citizen through me, we had a 9 yrs old son. After I married here she move into my new house, during the marriage, she gain another (2nd) speciality in...

In terms of spousal/child support, how do future commissions earned/bonuses paid get [ 1 Answers ]

After divorce final, How do any of payor's future commissions earned/bonuses paid get disbursed to payee? Calif

Spousal Support [ 10 Answers ]

In my final divorce decree. I am responsible to pay spousal support to my ex-wife for two years. I live in Virginia State. Now, during the two years my ex-wife got married and never informed the courts of the legal change in her maritiall status! My question is whether or not the spousal support...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.