Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexsalve Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 03:02 AM
    How to become a humorous talkative person?
    I do like to socialize but some how unable to talk or express myself?Even my wife thinks I am a less talkative person which often makes me sad ?any solution for this problem?please help
    Swiss_Ms.B Posts: 59, Reputation: 17

Feb 10, 2012, 04:22 AM
    How much do you know about yourself? Why do you feel you need to be more talkative? My husband is very sociable, but hardly ever speaks. My best male friend on the otherhand speaks like a waterfall. Both are great guys. I suggest for you to take a free personality type test on www.ipersonic.com. It might help you be more insightful about who you are, so you don't have to be sad, but proud.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Feb 10, 2012, 05:17 AM
    Try talking to yourself when you are alone. Or looking into a mirror and talking. There could be two reasons you talk less

1. You talk less with everyone including people who are close to you: In this case its a personality trait nothing wrong with it. You don't to be talkative to be fun.
    2. You talk less in social gatherings: Could be that you do not open up easily to acquaintances and strangers or that you just do not want to make a fool of yourself by saying something stupid. You can try by picking up a few funny one liners or short jokes as a conversation starter. You can also get the other person talking by striking up a topic they are interested in.

Try opening up little by little. It will be fine.

Oh and on a side note, girls/wives always find their men less talkative by comparison ;)
    soulsilence25 Posts: 21, Reputation: -3

Feb 16, 2012, 02:06 AM
    Don't change yourself. You are what you are.
    It's a genetic property by the way
    bitawkward Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 07:30 AM
    I too struggle with not being talkative, though mine seems to stem from social anxiety and is acute when around females. One thing I have realised is that a lot of interactions and conversations seem to involve people trying to outdo each other in terms of wise cracks, wherein the person who elicits the most laughs accrues more social proof and would thus appear to be more accepted. I have learnt not to try and be humourous at every opportunity I can, but make sure you really listen and digest what others are saying, and if you do want to add a bit of humour into the conversation, try and make it more observational, quirky humour and if the occasion is appropriate, add some dirty/sexualised humour i.e. double entendres, as opposed to cracking jokes at other peoples expense or humour which denigrates minorities/races/circumstances, as you may not what will offend your audience. Thus, to become more talkative, try and strike up as many random (safe) conversations as you can during your day, because experience will help reduce potential introversion gradually, and as for humour, see above, as well as watching stand-up videos on YouTube, these serve as ammo for you if you can replicate it - suggested comedians include Danny Bhoy, Dave Chapelle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to be more talkative to people and know what to say to them? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old college student I like playing sports working out and hanging out with my girlfriend. I have self esteem issues with how I look and how I am as a person. Before I met my girlfriend I was a really shy person in school and outside of school. I wasn't weird shy I just didn't like...

How can I be less talkative [ 6 Answers ]

I talk too much... sometimes I speak without thinking what I'm talking about. When I talk with my friends or colleagues I can't decide what to say and what to hide... sometimes I feel so bad... how can I be a less talkative person?

My wife says I'm too talkative.Can you help me define TOO TALKATIVE [ 8 Answers ]

My wife says that I'm too talkative.I understand what too talkative means however I view my talks as sometimes important (discussing problems/issues).Also when my wife has something to say I feel I may need to ask questions to clarify what she means.If my wife says something that I feel I have the...

I'm not talkative around him, [ 5 Answers ]

Okay well there's this guy I was with him for like 3 weeks, Yes I know that's a little bit , But I brokeup with him because we would hangout everyday but Most of the time we were quiet:( we were not talkative & I'm very shy with him. . I still like him and he still likes me What should I...

View more questions Search