Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaynj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Cats under my house
    My neighbor has 10 cats (at the least). During the winter most of them take shelter under my house at which time they claw at the duct work and destry most of it. I just had the duct work fixed and new heating/air systems put in this past fall and had hoped that the electricians would have closed the doors and holes up that lead under the house. Unfortunately, they did not and I constantly hear cats meowing/fighting and pouncing under the house. This is the least of my worries as I'm sure all the ducts are torn and that most of the heat is not coming in but is staying under the house to keep the cats warm:mad:!

My question is how can I get rid of the cats that are under my house? I have read that there are motion activated sprinkler systems but that would be impossible as the problem lies under the house. Also, who or what type of people should I call to fix or place something over the holes? Sometimes I'm sitting in my kitchen and it sounds as if there is a cat screeching in the next room and it is driving me crazy. All I can do at this point is stomp on the floor.

Other info: I have children-it is a large house with approximately 3 crawl spaces (might be hard to get under and spread something) and I won't hesitate to use anything that might kill the cats as my children and I can hardly sleep at night due to the noise disturbances (Lord forgive me).

Thank you for any info you can give me! HELP!
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Feb 16, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Tell your neighbor to control their pets. Not ask, tell.

If the neighbor refuses, call animal control to have them removed.

Please don't kill the cats... it's not their fault they have a jerk for an owner.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Call animal control they will put out live traps to catch the cats without hurting them. Let the neighbor know what you are doing. If you can prove it's the neighbors cats they will have to foot the bill for the damage done by the cats.
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Feb 19, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Most animal control that I have dealt with will not trap cats but they will rent you a trap. I agree killing the cats is not the answer (even though I am not a cat lover) they are not the issue the neighbor is the problem. The cats are being attracted to the warmth and that is why you can not get rid of them easily. These animals can be easily trapped with a box style live trap with bait (food). Then you can deliver them to the local humane society. Make sure you get the holes fixed so that any other cats will not continue to enter the crawl space.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2 cats [ 6 Answers ]

I've got 2 cats one is a 2 year old and the mother of the other one that was born in June. Both are female. The mother is VERY laid back and affectionate the youngster is the opposite yet they've always got along, till now. I just walked into the kitchen and as usual the young one nudged mum out...

How many cats do you have? [ 8 Answers ]

We were planning on having 2 kittens but we might go with 3. Is 3 too many? Right now it would just be me, my husband and the cats but we are going to have a baby sometime in the next year too.All the kitties would be inside. What is your experience with numbers of pets? Thanks!

Cats [ 2 Answers ]

I will be bringing home a six week old boxer puppy soon and I already have a 1yr old cat. He is very active and aggressive how can I integrate them with out him hurting the puppy?:o

Cats and milk [ 2 Answers ]

In the 1950's I remember that we used to feed our pet cat milk or cream (if they were lucky) almost exclusively. That was thought to be what they ate, and we had several cats that lived for years on cow's milk. Now my cat won't touch milk and I read that cat's are generally lactose intolerant...

Shy Cats [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend and her roommate just got two kittens. They are brothers and are about 7 or 8 months old. They were strays, their mother abandoned them at about 2 months and they were picked up at around 5 months. They aren't used to people and they try to hide any time they hear someone coming. The...

View more questions Search