Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilyh707 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2012, 09:56 AM
    ?Dying red to brown
    So I recently dyed my hair from brown to a medium bright red and I hate it cause my roots came out orange-y because I had dyed my hair before a lighter brown and my dark roots were coming back in. I hate my hair and I got it done three days ago. I hate it and I can't have it for another day but I also don't want to screw up my hair anymore by coloring it too soon and it turning out more orange or falling out. I got the red dye done at a salon and I want to use store bought dye to get the red out and turn it back brown. How long should I wait or can I just color it now? And could it possibly turn orange considering I'm going from red to brown? I just can't stand it anymore I just hate how my hair turned out. Please help.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying from red to brown [ 6 Answers ]

I'm naturally brunette and I currently have copper colored hair. I'd like to go back to my natural color, which is light brown. If I put light brown dye on top of the red, what will happen? Will it take or should I go with a darker brown?

Dying medium brown hair red? [ 1 Answers ]

I need some advice, I am wanting to dye my already colored medium brown hair a medium dark red color (more like red with a few purply hints). I also have some real hair extensions that match my current hair color and I am wanting to dye them too. Being a student money is short so I didn't know...

Tips for dying already dyed red hair brown again. [ 4 Answers ]

My natural hair color is sort of an ashy brown... but I do have some red tint to it. I have been dying my hair red for a few years now and have decided that I would like to dye it brown again, does anyone know the easiest way to get this done WITHOUT going to a stylist? --I did try once before to...

Will dying brown hair light red work? [ 1 Answers ]

I have medium brown hair and i want light red or strawberry blonde. I went on the loreal website and they said that i could use loreal preference 7la (lightest auburn). will such a light color really work on brown hair? post an answer please!!:confused:

Dying red to brown [ 1 Answers ]

So I dyed my naturally brown hair a vibrant red about 4 months ago and it was fun while it lasted, but I already had to dye it 2 times since then and I decided it isn't worth the damage to my hair or the up-keep. I wanted to go back to my original brown color but the brown dye didn't do a thing to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.