Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aceface Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2012, 06:42 AM
    I went to the doctor last week and he told me that my urine came back without a trace
    I went to the doctors last week and he told me my urine sample came back without oxycodone in it I have been on it for 4 months is this possible
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2012, 10:06 AM
    It is not only possible, it occurs frequently. The leading cause for this error is that the wrong test was ordered. Oxycodone requires a specific test and will not be detected on a standard opiate screen.

This error has been the subject of numerous articles in the medical journals warning that Oxycodone is “Often not detected in urine” tests(1). A recent article in Pain Physician, March/Apr 2011. Also notes that certain urine tests “result in false-negatives by mising... oxycodone” (p. 130) and concludes that “a diagnosis of drug abuse should never be made based on the results of urine toxicology alone.”

Ref:
    Journal of Family Practice, November 2010 · Vol. 59, No. 11: 628-633

Pain Physician 2011; 14:123-143

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the longest period alcohol can be trace in urine? [ 3 Answers ]

Please i don't want to hear opinions... please! Don't care for it! What is the longest period alcohol can be trace in urine? I've heard... 4 weeks, 2 weeks, a week, 3-4 days (80 hours). Can someone tell me the answer to this question? I don't drink everyday... once maybe twice a month and just...

My husband had an affiare I tried to kill myself and the doctor told him to leave me [ 3 Answers ]

He had a affire and I tried to kill myself and ended up taking over 700 pills and cutting my wrist 17 times The Doctor told my husband to leave me and so he moved in with the other woman .He comes every day and calls me daily he says he loves me and tells me that I am the best sex he had ever had...

Could I be pregnant even if the doctor told me I'm not. [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant when the doctor told you that you weren't. Because I didn't have "the time of the month" last month and so I got checked shortly after my "my time of the month" WAS SUPPOSE to be over, but he said I'm not pregnant, and I have been some symptoms.

Causes for trace of alcohol in urine besides drinking [ 2 Answers ]

Besides drinking alcohol, what other possible causes are there for trace of alcohol in urine test?

View more questions Search