Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dodgersboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 01:20 PM
    ACER Z5600 internal hard drive removal
    I need to get inside my acer Aspire z5600 to replace the hard drive, but it has beaten, can anybody out there help with this problem?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 06:12 PM
    This is easier shown than described, so I refer you to Acer's service manual. The only freely accessible online source I've found for it is Acer Z5600 Service Manual. Disassembly instructions start on page 33. Hard drive removal starts on page 45.

Consider replacing the drive with a SSD if it fits your budget and capacity requirements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Difficulties with 2nd Internal Hard Drive [ 2 Answers ]

I connected an internal hard drive (I can get the specifications later if needed) and it worked with my Dell OptiPlex Gx620. I only recently started having problems and now the hard drive doesn't even show on my computer. The file path was E:\ and I had no difficulties until now. I'm not sure if...

Internal Hard Drive not Showing Up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I installed a new Western Digital internal hard drive using SataII cable. When I turn on my computer, it automatically install the new hard drive. The new disk also show up on Device Manager. However, when I open My computer, the new hard drive isn't there, only my old hard drive. When I check...

Safe removal of external hard drive [ 5 Answers ]

In WinXP I use the "Safely remove" feature. It says the HD is safe to remove but I feel it still spinning. If I wait another 10 seconds, it stops spinning. Typically I do wait until it stops spinning before removing it. Is this necessary? If so, is it a glitch with the "safely remove"...

Internal hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I would like to know if I can use a sata hard drive in my PC since I have a gateway I got in 2002, would that cause any issues?

View more questions Search