Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Khepry_01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2012, 01:01 PM
    Any advice please
    Just found out that my girlfriend is pregnant. I'm not the father and want to be with her to raise the child as our own. At the moment she is thinking whether to end the relationship due to guilt for sleeping with someone else or stay and try put the past behind her. The father does not want to be involved in the child's life. I love her too much to let her go and I want what's best for the child. Please give me some advice on what I should do...
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 8, 2012, 06:58 PM
    Were you two dating when she slept with someone else and if yes, have you dealt with it?
    Being a parent is more than a notion and being one to a child that is not yours under these circumstances can be tougher than you think. Wanting her and being a father to this baby are two different things.
    This is her decision to make.
    shreck Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Feb 15, 2012, 12:28 PM
    Hi,

I think you should talk to her, tell her that you are willing to raise the child with her, even if he's not yours, even if you know that she (maybe) cheated on you. Tell her that you'll raise him as you own son. People can make mistakes, it's human.
    You can go through that if you want it both.
    (sorry for my english)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 04:54 PM
    Until she makes up her mind, you can do nothing really but be a supportive friend. But I warn you that unless you can get over her having sex on the break and never speak of it again ever in life for any reason, then you need to walk.

Rejection, and a pregnancy is a helluva lot on ones mind, and requires patience, and NOT selfish fear. Her decision.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 05:21 PM
    I'm wondering if you want to be a father to her child only to keep her close and in your life.

Be honest with yourself as to your intentions. The innocent child is destined to suffer depending how the adults in its life manage this unexpected situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some advice [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on the job, and I'm having a hard time on it cause this girl that works on the job, she was the one that was messing around with my boyfriend at the time, and when I found out what they were doing it was around the same time my brother died. Anyway the girl starts working up there I try to...

I want to get your advice, to make sure I am giving the correct advice [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine emailed me her question, knowing that I have gone through the custody thing before myself. She asked me when she can file abandonment on her sons father. I want to run by you what I am emailing her back to make sure I give her the correct information. Thank you for your help :)

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

Need some advice [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I want to study in newyork usa and I have done BBA(H) which is three year program. I came to know from someone that three year degree is not recognized in U.S. So I have to do some additional courses to make it a four year degree. Just want to ask that where I can get information about...

View more questions Search