Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Safim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 07:38 AM
    How to turn on the xp computer without cd drive ?
    How to turn on a xp computer (cpu) without cd drive this is from another computer that computer is not turning on actually it don not have a cd drive when I turn on the computer it is blank (black )how can it turn on without a cd drive the company of the cpu is eton. The light on the sccreen (moniter ) is coming and going , coming and going not staying prpoerly the yello wire which connect from mother board to cd drive also not on cpu ( not connected with cpu )
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 06:28 PM
    A CD drive is not required to turn on or boot a computer. If the computer and monitor are functional, the machine will enter a power-on self test (POST) after the power button is pressed and usually display information about the machine on the monitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer does not turn on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have had a problem for the last month, my PC does not turns on when I plug it in electricity. It turns on the fan, but it does not start when I push the start button. After pushing the starting button a few times and waiting from 5 to 30min it works fine. Once I take the plug off, and on...

My computer will not turn on [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so here's the major issue. I bought a computer cpu from the brand pluto from singapore 2years back, now when I use it, when I turn it on everything lights up except the green light indicating cpu activity, but no image is shown on my monitor, white states no input detected. It is only after I...

How can you turn your sex drive OFF? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been married to my husband for over 13 years now and my sex drive has not died down but his has plummeted drastically. We love each other very much and spend as much time with each other going on outings, watching movies and cuddling but the sex is just not there anymore. Sometimes we only...

Computer will not turn on [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, My wife was mad because I left the computer on, so she pulled the power cord from the back. Now the computer will not turn on at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. Any ideas? I am afraid that it is broke for good!

Computer does not turn on? [ 2 Answers ]

My Compaq presario 2100 and a while ago I got the power plug fixed and the battery did not charge so I bought a new battery after I installed the new power port and I put the battery in to the computer and it charged and the next day I was ripping music on to it and the icon that was supposed to be...

View more questions Search