Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caaalab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2012, 07:09 PM
    ?abnormal menstral bleeding
    I am a 41 year old female, have had regular periods all my life. In the month of January I had two periods and I am still on the last one. The bleeding hasn't stopped, when should I go to the doctor?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2012, 05:56 PM
    Make an appointment. It could be due to perimenopause or it could be due to other possible reasons. Your doctor will likely perform an ultrasound to determine if a possible cause can be seen. It may be hormonal or it may be something such as uterine polyps which can be removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IUD and menstral bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I got my iud inplace 6 months ago & had it before my pregnancy as well, the last month or so I will bleed for a day or two stop for a day or two & start again. Is this something I should be concerned about? Also It starts light & then turns really heavy each time. I never had any problems with it...

Abnormal bleeding [ 0 Answers ]

UGH! I need some advice PLEASE. I have always had painful, extremely heavy periods. I seriously didn't think things could get worse. They did. Recently I have been only passing clots, not much blood. Not too worried about that though. What really is driving me crazy is that I had my on time cycle...

Abnormal bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I normally have regular periods, that last 4-5 days and are not heavy, but on 2nd April I got my period, as expected, and it was very heavy and lasted about 8-9 days. After that I had unprotected sex a few times, my ovulation date is 11th and my cycle is 26 days. On the 17th I got a light bleed...

Abnormal Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I quit taking my birth control pill for a few days because I was on Amoxicillin and Vicadin and then I had got sick so I thought the two medications were screwing with my birth control. Now, I have vaginal bleeding and lower abdominal pain. The bleeding has progressed and so has the pain. Is this...

Abnormal bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I came on my period as normal but it was extremely heavy and lasted from 23rd-4th I then came on again the same month on the 11th-23rd which was also really heavy and again on the 1st which lasted around 9days. I have been getting a lot of stabbing like pains and it is very painful during...

View more questions Search