Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobby gulan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 09:50 AM
    How do I become a non-profit org. to fund-raise
    How do I become a non-profit organization so I can leagally do fund raising.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Well you have to be "fund raising" for a non profit goup.

So what type of group are you, what charity function are you doing.

But you file and incorporate in your state. You will do this as a non profit corporation, then you file for non profit status with the IRS under one of the varoius non profit status rules, ( example churches are under 501c code)
    And you file for non profit status under your states tax codes.

You will get back a letter of determiniation which if you are a legal non profit group give you legal status.

Next to do fund raising, for example in Atlanta, you have to be bonded also and pay the city a fee to do collectons publicly in Atlanta, many major cities have similar rules.

And you will have to do annual taxes for your corporation. Not everything they do is tax exempt, so you will have to account for all the money brought in and spent, also give reciepts to all who give, and keep an account of that also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Absorption costing profit from Marginal costing profit [ 0 Answers ]

I know my opening stock and closing stock figures and I have worked out my annual profit using marginal costing. I also know my fixed overhead absorption rate. Using these figures, what formula do I use to calculate my profit using absorption costing?

Promised a pay raise [ 13 Answers ]

So I have been working for this company for 8 months. 4 months ago I was stopped by the boss and told that they were really impressed; so they were giving me a payrise. Uping me by £2000 extra a year ontop of my already fixed annual salary. I was so excited and knew with this payrise I could...

Raise the flange? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having trouble deciding if I should raise my flange or not. I have just replaced my subfloor (due to leaking toilet) and I have now installed tile raising my floor approx 3/4 of an inch. The reason the toilet leaked in the first place is because the flange was too high and someone did not...

Can I raise my tub? [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my basement shower with a tub. I have no idea though if I could just use the same drain and not raise the tub or not. So just in case, can I raise my tub, or would I have to put a 14" x 14" dap-thingy in for different drain piping? Appreciate any response, Paul

View more questions Search