Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karmlee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2012, 11:41 AM
    Can you donate to a minister and claim it as a charitable gift?
    If one cannot donate to an individual and claim it as a charitable gift, can one donate to the church organization and designate the gift as support to the minister's family?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 7, 2012, 12:09 PM
    In general - no, you cannot direct a charitable gift to a specific individual.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is email Id of Health minister of Japan,Environment minister of Japan, Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Minister of japan and prime minister of japan

Asking an individual for a charitable gift [ 1 Answers ]

I have a donor who has given my charity a gift for almost ten years without anyone ever asking him for it. He always sends it on his own. Except for this year. What approach or words would you recommend I use when calling this person to ask him to consider renewing a gift? Since he has...

Quit Claim Deed or Deed of Gift [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé and his brother are dividing a couple of properties from their mother's estate. She passed away 6 years ago and they did probate the will during that timeframe. They are trying to establish the best way to divide the property at this time with as little tax penalties as possible. Which...

Would this be considered a charitable gift [ 11 Answers ]

My wife and I would like to donate our time and effort to our church to design, implement, and setup hosting for a church website. We do websites for paying customers as well through our business entity but this year (2007) we will not be conducting as a business. Is this something we can...

View more questions Search