Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherry2525 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2012, 09:21 AM
    How to remove write protection on usb?
    There is no switch on the flash drive what do I do how do I get this write protection off. I can not delete files please help
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 7, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Sometimes if the files were copied from a cd or dvd disk they get labeled as read only. You can look at the files (right click properties) and uncheck the read only box one at a time, or search for a utility that will remove the read only tag as a batch job. If the flash drive has an internal write protect then look for help on the manufacturers site under their knowledge base or the faq section.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I Remove write protection of my USB? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Microdia flash drive... all of a sudden I can't copy files anymore on that usb.. it always says.. device is write-protected... it doesn't have a switch too... what should I do?. thanks..

How do you remove write protection from a usb flash drive? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove write protection from a usb flash drive?

I have a Verbatim Store & Go 2Gb USB Stick. How do remove the Write-Protection? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Verbatim Store & Go 2GB USB Stick. How do remove the Write-Protection? It does not have a Manual Switch on the stick itself. I can open the USB on my computer, but cannot save anything on it. On other computers, the disk does not want to open. Recently I removed 3 virusses (on the disk,...

Usb pendrive write protection [ 1 Answers ]

hi I am using transcend 4gb pendrive its opening but only for reading purpose if I want to change the name of files or I want copy files in to that or delete files from that or try to format it its giving error like write protection error disk is write protected remove it I tried out steps like...

View more questions Search