Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstjpac7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2012, 08:37 AM
    My teen daughter lies about being sick?
    My 16 year old daughter lies about being sick to her peers at school. All kinds of things, having tumors, seizure's, cancer. She is a good girl, loves being around her family. Does not party or drink or do drugs. Does not really have many close friends. I assume that stems from the lying. She does not lie to me or her step-father. Like sneaking around and lying to get out of trouble. Its just to kids at school. Her biological father has never really been around and when he was all he did was tell her lies. So could this be passed down from her biological father? I have never lied to her and we are a loving family. I don't understand nor do I know what to do. I have confronted her about this a few times before and she tells me she won't do it anymore. But I keep catching her lying. Any advice for a frustrated mother.
    kaylaluv Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Feb 7, 2012, 08:57 AM
    She could be doing it because she doesn't have many close friends. She may not have any if you haven't seen them yourself. She could be a shy girl at school who doesn't know how to make friends, or she may not feel like she is interesting enough to make friends on her own... which is where the lying comes in. She might be trying to make herself sound more interesting to others or get them to feel bad for her over the sickness to form a friendship. Have a sit down chat with her and let her know that the lies won't make others like her more and that she needs to just try to be nice, and as hard as it may be, a little more outgoing because building friendships off lies is no way to go and her word is all she has at this point in her life. Hope this helps :)
    gg2334 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 11:53 PM
    Well, she obviously doesn't many close friends maybe she's getting made fun of or teased or maybe even bullied, and isn't telling you the truth. So if that is so she's going to want people to feel bad for her so she doesn't get made fun of so badly. Try talking deeply with her or maybe going to counceling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worried about 19 year old daughter who lies [ 6 Answers ]

I am extremely concerned about my 19 year old daughter. She has been caught twice now stealing checks from her father and I, one of those time was from her grandmother. She is incapable of not spending money and will lie about it until we catch her by checking bank accounts, etc. I have also...

Much loved daughter lies and steals [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 25 y/o married daughter. I was a single mom to her for the first 17 years of her life. She was very loved... by me and my parents. She got married 3 years ago and had an affair after one year. We live in the south, and her affair was with a black man. We have heard she may have been...

Dealing w/ 16 yr old daughter starting to tell lies. [ 8 Answers ]

My 16 yr old daughter just started lying to me about where and what she is doing. She just started seeing a boy and several months ago, I placed a GPS Tracking monitor in her car so that I could keep a close parent eye on her "comings and goings". She has been very trustworthy up to now and has...

My teen lies on me and I don't know what to do? [ 39 Answers ]

My daughter has gotten on this site and said that I went through her journals and room (which is true) I also check her emails from time to time... BUT my child has threated to hurt herself more than once... lied about where she is and what she is doing... and been caught with a boy when she was...

View more questions Search