Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmberWscheid Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2012, 11:07 PM
    Find the standard form of the equation with the given characteristics?
    The standard form of the equation of the hyperbola,
    They give you the vertices (0,4) and (0,0) and that it passes through the point (0, square root of 5)
    corrigan Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Feb 7, 2012, 10:03 AM
    You need to double check your problem, you can't have a hyperbola with vertices (0,4) and (0,0) that passes through point . I think the x value of your third point is a typo, or a mistake, or something. I'll keep an eye on this question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find the standard form of the hyperbola with the given characteristics? [ 2 Answers ]

In the problem is gives you the vertices of (4,1) and (4,9) and Foci of (4,0) and (4,10). They want the standard form of the equation of the hyperbola. Thanks for your help!

How do I rewrite each equation in standard form? Here's the problem:(1) y=x+9. [ 5 Answers ]

The rest:(2) y=3x+7 (3) y=4x+8 (4) y=7x (5) y-8=3(x+1) (6)y+2=2(x-1) (7) y-1=4(x+3) (8) y-3=x+7. When answering please label which one you answer. And tell me how I do it on my own . Thanks

How do I write the standard form equation of the circle -6y= -x^2-16x-y^2-72 [ 3 Answers ]

Please show the work so I can understand

Write standard form of the equation of a circle [ 2 Answers ]

How would I write the standard equation of a cirlce given the center is (4,1), radius=2 :confused:

View more questions Search