Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TraceyAnn14 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 10:50 PM
    Im not blaming anyone? It was my fault.. All* my fault.. and I know for a fact I don't have a STI.. do yoi honestly think I sm.. giving the situation..
    LittleBlackKat Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Feb 12, 2012, 10:51 PM
    No, we don't think you have an STI, but if you're already worried about unplanned pregnancies, the next step basically is STI's. I know it because I have a friend who has Chlamydia right now, and I see how miserable she is day in and day out, and I DON'T want it to happen to anyone else

Feb 12, 2012, 10:55 PM
    And I know I don't. For a fact.. and I'm learning from my mistakes.. and do you think I'm most likely maybe even not pregnant.

Feb 12, 2012, 10:57 PM
    I can assure you, you're not pregnant.
    You'd know in a little over a week if you were. I've had tons of friends who were pregnant, and they knew right away-although everyone is different.

I'd talk to my doctor or parents about it, in all honesty. There's not a lot we can do for you online
    pearl_mysty7 Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Feb 12, 2012, 10:59 PM
    Right now just be ready if you get pregnant think that it was a blessing if your not be happy and be responsible .

Feb 12, 2012, 11:00 PM
    pearl_mysty7 hit the nail right on the head. You're Catholic, so I am sure you aren't in huge favour of abortions, although your parents or other family members might seek different opinions judging your circumstances.

Feb 12, 2012, 11:05 PM
    Well if you abort that child just imagine what if you're the baby or the fetus and you never been given a chance to see the ups and downs of this world its really sad...

Feb 12, 2012, 11:06 PM
    That baby will bring you bundle of joy if ever... I will be happy for you if you will keep that baby..

Feb 12, 2012, 11:07 PM
    Im in high school and will not make this mistake again... I really don't think I am and it seems utterly rare. I just want to thank you for the advice. Ill move on from this with knowledge and will share it... I don't know how but I just know I'm not.. I don't know if that màkes since

Feb 12, 2012, 11:11 PM
    If you're in high school, go to the school nurse or a guidance counselor. Depending on how old you are, if you're 16 and older, you're legally considered an adult, so you can keep the information and conversation with the nurse and guidance counselor strictly confidential-unless your life is at stake, which it's not
    They'll just give you better advice on protection for sex

Feb 12, 2012, 11:12 PM
    If you think your not pregnant go and be happy explore the goodness of life but always be responsible.. enjoy your high school...

Feb 13, 2012, 07:20 AM
    In this town everyone knows everyone, so I definitely don't want to talk to her and like I said he didn't even ejaculate he leaked a tiny bit.. less then that even but he just ended touching around there and a little like a cm in but I think that may have been before.. I don't know.. all I know is I was on birth control for a month (first month) and didn't miss a pill, also was on the 2 day of my period and tomorrow I take the active pills again
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2012, 03:30 PM
    TraceyAnn14,

It would be extremely unlikely for you to become pregnant from what you describe. Try your best to ease your mind.

Feb 13, 2012, 04:07 PM
    Thank you Doula, you really have no idea how much honest knowledgeable short answers with no judgment behind them help.. thank you

Feb 13, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Birth Control Questions?. :/ Doctor won't answer me.PLEASE HELP..
    When does birth control actually stop ovulation? Are you still protected on your week of inactive pills?. People say it takes one month but really if you take your pills everyday would you be protected my the end of the third week? How can it stop ovulation and you still have a period.. Please answer with honesty. I know it's a lot but I do need answers.. And any advice or stories from real experiances can be added.. Thankyouu!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 06:29 PM
    TraceyAnn, please only post your question once. It can take hours to days to get responses as we are only average people who volunteer our time here to help others.

Now, with that said... No you are not protected during the inactive pills. It is common to say that it takes a month for protection to take place because there are so many pills, with different hormone levels, it's just easier to lump it together. And, it takes a month because that's how long it takes the hormone levels in the body to adjust.

I also want you to remember that the pill is not always 100% effective even if you take it the same nanosecond every day. Although I am a nurse, I am also one of the women who took the pill exactly as prescribed AND used a condom. I got pregnant this way not once, but twice.

Feb 13, 2012, 06:38 PM
    Birth Control Questions?.
    When does birth control actually stop ovulation? Are you still protected on your week of inactive pills?. People say it takes one month but really if you take your pills everyday would you be protected my the end of the third week? How can it stop ovulation and you still have a period.. Please answer with honesty. I know it's a lot but I do need answers.. And any advice or stories from real experiances can be added.. Thankyouu!

Feb 13, 2012, 07:03 PM
    Birth control questions and I need answers. Please.
    When does birth control actually stop ovulation? By the third week of active pills do you think there effictive? Are you still covered on your week of inactive pills. If you don't miss a pill at all on your first month are you covered the week of your inactive pills? Does alcohol and caffine really effect them that much? And if birth control stops ovulation how do you get a period? Please help answer these. My doctor won't take the time to. And did anyone ever get slight breast enlargement during your first month? I know it's a lot but I really need answers. Experiances can be told to. Thanks
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2012, 07:33 PM
    Hi TraceyAnn14,

What birth control pill are you taking? While many suggest being on the pill for a full month to offer the highest protection, often you are protected quite well after the first week of regular use. You are covered during your week of inactive pills as well.

Different pills work slightly differently in preventing pregnancy. Some will prevent ovulation, some will change the lining of the uterus or the consistency of your cervical mucus. Alcohol and caffeine will not effect your pill. Some women don't continue with periods while using some types of pills, some will have irregular periods, but most will have periods during the use of the inactive pills, or the last week of pills (which aren't really birth control pills) if using a 28 day pack. Having a period at those times is how it is designed.

You can still have a period because the pills are the same hormones that your body produces during your cycle. The levels of hormones are different in such that it fools your body into preparing for ovulation while either not actually ovulating or causing changes so that if you do ovulate, and an egg becomes fertilized, it won't usually implant. When you take the inactive pills, the drop in hormones causes your period.

Some physical changes can be normal. Slight breast enlargement and some weight gain can be common.

Hope that helps!

Feb 13, 2012, 07:46 PM
    I am using sronyx and I'm just confused on ovulation. Hoe does it stop it.. and thank you for that. Also tsking the pill st the exact time.. does it really lower the effectivness

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is texting and calling other women cheating [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 3 yrs has been texting women when I go to bed. I have found out that he is calling them and they are calling and texting him also throughout the day>

Calling All WOMEN! [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex since Oct 9, 2007 and since then she's had her period in Oct and November!! Could she still be pregnant? They say you can still be pregnant and have your period so I need help!! 1

View more questions Search