Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    red99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2004, 02:52 PM
    Remote controls
    I bought a fan (model #UC7051R) in June and the remote control does not work. With this model, if the remote does not work, then nothing works. I feel the remote should last longer than 5 months. What do I need to do so I can get the fan to work again.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2004, 07:07 PM
    If it is out of warranty, you could rig it. How many speeds does it have, and does it reverse? If it is a simple 3 speed fan, it will have 3 wires, likely a black, white and one other. The white may already be connect to the white line feeding the fan. Buy a couple of simple single pole, single throw switches. Connect the black wire from the line feeding the fan to one contact on each one. Connect the black wire and the other one from the fan each to the other contact on one of the switches. One of the switches will give you low, the other medium, and both high. Both off is off.

More complicated fans may require more switches. Reverse may require a double throw switch. Unless the wires are marked on the motor, figuring them all out may be a mess.

I hate stuff that breaks quickly and can't be repaired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceilng fan remote controls [ 3 Answers ]

How do I change the codes in my hampton bay ceiling fan remote control? We have two of these fans both with remote controls. Both fans respond to both remote controls. I have changed the remote code in the hand held remote unit; but how do I change the remote code inside the fan unit its self? ...

Admin. Controls [ 3 Answers ]

Well it's probably a simple solution, but I'll be buggered I can't figure it out... In my contol panel, when I click on Display, I receive a message saying Display has been disabled by administrator (that would be me) But I have no idea when, where, or how!! OK Scottgem I know you can help me,...

Parental Controls [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a parent and I want to install parental control on my two kids' laptops. I want a program that will allow me to see what the are doing, and stop them if nessasary, and restrict them from certain areas of the web like chat rooms, aim, msn during certain times of the day.they are laptops...

Is it possible to tune a TV without a remote control, and without manual controls? [ 2 Answers ]

THere is a TV that has no remote, and no manual tuning controls. We would like to be able to plug a console into it, but we can't find the right channel. It is a Bush TV. Any help is appreciated Lee

View more questions Search