Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jman180 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2012, 12:52 PM
    What happens If you have a previous youth record and later get charged as an adult?
    I have a lengthy youth record from being young and stupid, I was later charged as an adult but I received a conditional discharge meaning it only stays on my record for 3 years, my question is does my youth record still get deleted or because I was found guilty of an adult offence does the youthr ecord now become my adult record even though my one and only adult cahrge was discahrged and will subsequently be deleted?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2012, 03:08 PM
    Where is this, Next where you charged in STATE court or was it all in Juv court.
    rlrl2010 Posts: 85, Reputation: 3

Feb 7, 2012, 04:43 PM
    As I always advise, find out either from the sentencing court, a criminal lawyer or a public defenders office associated with the court of sentencing

It would help for you to have the exact name of the charges, the docket # and how old you were/year it happened for all these charges you mention
    jman180 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 12:10 PM
    My conditional discharge was in canadian adult court, my one and only adult charge, assault and destruction of property, I was given a conditional discharge and 1 year probation, I was originally charged January 2010 and sentenced June 2011, my question was because I was charged in adult court would my previous youth record then be attatched and no longer be eligible for deletion when it reached its expiry date, my final youth charge was a year before I was arrested for my adult charge, I was 19 years old when I was charged in adult court, my question and the answer to what I'm seeking is this, will my youth record still be deleted because I received a conditional discharge or will it be included on my adult record permanently just on the fact that I was found guilty in adult court before my youth records expiry date, I wish to know if I have to apply for a pardon to have my youth record dealt with or if it will fix itself
    rlrl2010 Posts: 85, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2012, 04:00 PM
    Contact the clerk of the courts you were involved with because it involves criminal procedure laws specific to Canada

Like I say the public defenders office associated with your courts or a criminal lawyer can best answer those questions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

?juvy being charged as an adult [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the sitch... You are 17, being charged as an adult, waiting for your trial to begin in a couple of months. You have priors from juvenile court from 5 and 3 years ago. Aren't those supposed to be kept private? Or, are they allowed to be plastered all over the paper? The priors, that is....

How to delete previous eye scan record in immigration? [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is using other passport because that time she is still young travelling and looking for a job to other countries, so to increase her age she use other person passport and her eye was scanned in Dubai immigration.Now she wants to come back in Dubai with her own passport. How to delete...

Charged as youth or adult? [ 1 Answers ]

If the committed offense occurred before the youth is 18, but the trial is after they turn 18, will they be charged as a youth or an adult? Breach of Trust, theft under $5,000 Ontario, Canada

Shoplifting Never Charged could it be on record [ 3 Answers ]

We live in Toronto, Ontario and 14 years ago my husband, don't ask me why, shoplifted at our local Home Depot store. He purchased a number of items but did not pay (stole) a $20 item. He was caught by the guard and police was called upon. He does not recall that he was ever charged with an...

Charged off accounts on credit record [ 3 Answers ]

I may be incorrect, but I was told that if you do not pay a credit card for 7 years without filing for bankruptcy, they can no longer hold it against you on your credit report... (bankruptcy is 10 years)... My question is this--if the credit card company does a "charge off" and sells your debt to...

View more questions Search