Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lkanaday Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 04:04 PM
    This is a terrible situation. People get arrested for animal cruelty for refusing treatment to an obviously sick animal the way your mother is :(. I get the sense that this will only get worse if anything is said to threaten her or make her mad. Where is the lump by your cat's spine? Is it in between or near the shoulder blades? If so, it may be Vaccine Associated Sarcoma. I think you should do what was previously suggested and see if there are any free medical services for handicapped pet owners through Animal Services. They may even come to you to get your cat for treatment and bring it back. I've seen that done several times on the various Animal Cops shows on Animal Planet. Is there anyone else you associate w/, any neighbbors?
    LaHoma
    Sonson Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 12:21 AM
    Okay, I have a feeling this is bad.

First off, I called the people I found online, but unfortunately they said they don't make house calls. There was nothing I could do. I had no way to get there otherwise so I just had to thank them and hang up. I did, however, explain to them Boo's problem and they said it sounds like it could be cancer or a tumor, but they'd have to check it first hand to be absolutely sure.

But now there's even worse news. I had just been woken up by Boo.. it turns out he somehow ripped the growth right off, and how he has a gaping bloody hole the size of a penny in his back. (the growth was much larger, so I'm glad the hole isn't just as large, at least) He hasn't stopped crying and pawing and licking at the wound. I've done my best to clean it up, but he won't really let me get near him long enough to do much about it.

I woke up my parents, but my mother just got angry at me for waking her up and told me to throw him outside and let him die. My father said there was nothing he could do since there is no place open this late and tomorrow is a holiday.

I don't know what to do. I'm really, really worried.
    robynhgl Posts: 112, Reputation: 25

Feb 19, 2007, 05:29 AM
    SonSon,

Please PM me or someone else here more information about where you are. I don't know what the problem is with your Mother and Father, but they are letting an innocent animal suffer. And this is hurting you too.

The lump may have been an abcess--which might have burst. It needs to be cleaned and the cat needs antibiotics because the infection could be raging through the cat's entire body. This is not good. It's also not good to allow this to happen. God gave us to capacity to feel love and compassion and to help those who need it. You can help your kitty by telling us who and where you are.

If you really really want help--I will find some way to help you--but you have to give me the information I need to help you.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Sonson. Nosnosna & Robynhgl have pretty much hit the nail on the head. Boo somehow managed to get scratched, cut, hurt in some way. That wound you first found was evidence of it. It became infected. An abcess formed. You have now witnessed it bursting. The infection is systemic, meaning system wide. If this infection is not taken care of, the skin will just keep falling off, the wound will continue to fester, pus will keep oozing out.

Boo is in an extraordinary amount of pain.

If Boo does not get medical help as we all have been telling you, he will die.

It is obvious to me you were unable to get the rescue group you contacted to fully understand the situation here.

So, I need you to respond to my private message from yesterday. You need to tell me your name and address. I will not share it with anyone else on this site, if that is what you want. What I will do with it is call someone, in my capacity as a Humane Society volunteer and former President of my local chapter. I will guarantee you that I can get someone to your house to help Boo. But, unless you do this, unless you get someone to intervene and get Boo help, he will die.

I don't know what else to say to you and I don't know how I can stress the severity of the situation to you any more than all of us here have done.

It is completely in your hands. It is completely up to you.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Feb 19, 2007, 06:04 AM
    The fact that it's opened in that way is a good sign, in that it indicates that it was almost certainly an abscess and not something more serious.

Smell the wound... if it doesn't have an odor, then the infection is minor, and the injury could have been purely internal (caught in a door can do that if it hits just right), which helps to prevent infection. If it does have a smell, the infection is there. Now that the wound is open, kitty is at risk of further infection, and is clearly in tremendous pain. He'll need stitches to close the wound, antibiotics to treat or prevent infection, shots to stave off other possibilities, and time to heal up.

Feb 19, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonson
    Okay, I have a feeling this is bad.

First off, I called the people I found online, but unfortunately they said they don't make house calls. There was nothing I could do. I had no way to get there otherwise so I just had to thank them and hang up. I did, however, explain to them Boo's problem and they said it sounds like it could be cancer or a tumor, but they'd have to check it first hand to be absolutely sure.
    What is wrong w/ those people that they can't make an exception for a handicapped person w/ an animal in such distress! Surely there is someone somewhere that can do something even if you have to give your personal info out to the other members in this thread. Maybe even contact your local news station so they can find someone to help.
    Sonson Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 05:54 PM
    I'm sorry I haven't posted lately, but I've been rather depressed. The same night I made my last post here, Boo apparently got so sick he vomited on the carpet in the living room. My mother then threw him outside. I was asleep at the time, so I had no idea this was going on.

The next morning when I asked where he was, she told me she what happened and that she "got rid of him". Unfortunately, he hasn't come back since then, nor has he been seen at all. I've asked a few of the neighbors, and none of them have seen Boo. I'm really worried, and my dad says to expect the worst and just forget about it.
    robynhgl Posts: 112, Reputation: 25

Feb 25, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Maybe someone should toss your mom out, with any luck she won't find her way back either....

Sorry to hear that.

Feb 26, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Sorry, I'm just being brutally honest, but your parents are horrible people. If it were me, I would sue them for emotional distress and report them to animal services. Don't think I'm just trying to stir things up, how they treat you and treated the cat is terrible. They should be ashamed of themselves in the eyes of the good, moral citizens of this country and in the eyes of God. I hope you can manage to get away from them before too long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm worried [ 6 Answers ]

Hey... I'm really worried about my friend, and I don't know who to ask about this, so I've turned to you guys in the hope you can help me, I don't know who else to turn to. I'm really worried about my friend. She has been going out with someone for a few months now, and last Friday, she found...

Very worried.what shall I do? [ 1 Answers ]

HELP ME I like this lad a lot, like LOADS and LOADS I discovered before (as he is ill) that when he was younger he had hepatitis, he said something about it reoccuring when he gets ill or because of it it makes him more ill? He didn't say which one or anything and obviously as we are not...

Worried... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I am new here and needing a little help.I am 21 years old and have not had my period for 6 months,I stupidly waited until now and went to see a doctor.He ask me a few question and then gave me hormone pills(3 months).I have just started taking them.I am worried about the side effects of the...

Should I be worried? [ 18 Answers ]

Hey everyone I have been in a relationship for over four months with a fantastic guy. We have recently gone into business together. He is kind and considerate... we are both professionals. We currently hang out together (weekdays and weekends) every day, and I have a son (8) and he has two...

I'm worried! [ 14 Answers ]

My dog is to skinny... I have German Shep she's about 14yrs latly she's been having problems walking up & down the stairs... and when I take her for a walk she falls behind.. wobbly when she walks.. and today she only ate one bowl of food... Can anyone tell me what's going on?

View more questions Search