Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaimeeluv Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 08:38 PM
    Numbness in left leg down to foot, traveling to right foot now
    My leg, from right above my hip, to my left side of my bottom, down my leg to my feet is numb. The best way I can describe it is when you go to the dentist and get numbed, but then the feeling starts to come back and it is not quite painful, but it hurts. My toes feel as if they are so cold they are burning, yet they have very little feeling and sensation. When I take a step, it feels as if the pressure builds up in my toes and they are about to explode. I am able to walk but it is awkward and somewhat painful, even though the feeling is very minimal. Also, the numbness feeling is extremely itchy, yet at the same time, I can't itch the scratch due to not having feeling in my skin at all. So much so that from not realizing what I have done, I have scratched myself up pretty bad so I have stopped trying to scratch at all. The feeling or sensation that I do have is apparently inside. My skin, completely numb. I am starting to worry because now from my left leg feeling like this, I am starting to get the same sensation in my right foot. I was wondering if this was just a fluke or could there be something wrong? Should I go to emergency room or is it safe to wait to go to urgent care tomorrow?
    creativegoth Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2012, 04:39 AM
    Go and see your doctor it could be a trapped nerve or something like that, you may need a scan to determine what it is.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Feb 14, 2012, 11:56 PM
    It could be your sciatica which causes leg pain. It's a pinched nerve and it starts like in the chjeek of your butt, or at least mine did. It can effect both legs or just one side either way it hurts, it may come and go for a while, but get it checked out. See a neurologist he want a mri and make sure hje looks at the films ahimself. Don't let him go my someone's else report. My doctor didn't believe me but I would not stop and when I seen the nerve doctor I needed spinal fussion(1996). No therapy would help. It acts up now and then but its be 15 years. Not too bad. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain side of foot, feels painful but better when I squeeze my foot [ 4 Answers ]

It is midway down my right foot and only foot massage seems to apease it, but itsgetting worse and hurts earlier and earlier each evening. The central point is midway and for the ultimate in relief is to squeeze my feet down the sides, but that also sends me into agony once squeezed, but the long...

Left leg flex-or tendon unresponsive, innability to point toes/foot towards ceiling, [ 0 Answers ]

Left leg flex-or tendon unresponsive, inability to point toes/foot towards ceiling, partial loss of sensation from knee down

Foot pain in heel on left foot that wakes me up at night [ 0 Answers ]

This pain in my heel on left foot wakes me up in the night. It is excruciating!What is that?

Foot pain on inside of my left foot in heel [ 1 Answers ]

I am 49 years of age,and I am having pain in my left foot in the heel on the right side

Foot Numbness [ 1 Answers ]

I have numbness in the left side of my left foot - It started yesterday and is still numb today

View more questions Search