Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peggyandlilo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 11:36 PM
    Sugar glider in love, need guide !
    HI, I have two sugar gliders the female (8 month) and the male (12 month) and I'm not sure but I think that she is pregnant. How do I know when this happen or if she's carrying a baby by now? And how do I take care of them, if she is ?:)
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Hi Peggy!

I don't know if anyone on this site has sugar gliders and can give you detailed info on their care. So, instead of leaving you hanging, I did a little search.

Here is a link to the International Sugar Gliders Association. Please look at all the links on the site. I am sure there is someone there who can either help you directly or guide you to someone who can. There are breeders listed on this site and it might be beneficial to contact one of them for help.

http://www.isga.org/home.htm

Good Luck!
    AutumnMoose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 12:53 PM
    Hi,

I know this is an old question, but for anyone browsing for Sugar Gliders, here is some information for you.

Gliders are marsupials and as such have a pouch for carrying their joeys. Females typically give birth to 1 or 2 joeys at a time, but can have up to 3 or 4 per litter (very rare). Birth occurs about 16 days after mating. The female will lick a path from her gentials to her pouch. The joeys which at this point are pink and tiny resembling a grain of rice, crawl up the path and into her pouch. There, they will attach to a nipple to feed and will remain attached and in the pouch for approximately 9 weeks. As they begin to grow and develop you will be able to see bumps on the mother's belly. When you first see them, they will be about the size of a peanut but will grow quickly. As they get closer to coming OOP (out of pouch) you will likely see a tail or foot sticking out of the pouch occasionally. Mom will likely stuff it back in so you can't see!

You should *never* try to remove a joey from the mother's pouch while they are attached to her nipple. They will not reattach and will die if you do. Mom will show them to you when they are ready.

If anyone has any other questions, please let me know.

AutumnMoose

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar"? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Please, who's the artist who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar" with changed lyrics.. "Honey, I gotta lotta money.."?

Sugar [ 1 Answers ]

How many grams of sugar should a healthy adult have in 1 day?

Leesy's Guide To... [ 2 Answers ]

In order to keep myself in practice with web design & development, I'm thinking of writing a few "guides" to some common web design topics. I was just wondering if anyone has some topics they would like to see something on. Some examples of what I could do a guide on: Positioning using CSS...

View more questions Search