Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Feb 15, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Movie with the "Frere Jacques" song?
    I posted a question about this movie previously, but I had the name of the song spelled wrong. I had it spelled as Farashaka instead of Frere Jacques. I've posted the lyrics to the song below in hoping it will help with finding the answer. I saw a movie when I was younger, I think in the late 80's or maybe early 90's. A little girl died or was murdered and her ghost would go around singing Frere Jacques. I remember people finding something in a well, I think it was her doll but I could be mistaken. Either way I think what was found in the well helped to solve the mystery of her death. Please if anyone can help with the title of this song I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Are You Sleeping (Frere Jacques)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frere Jacques, Frere Jacques,
    Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?
    Sonnez les matines, sonnez les matines
    Ding ding dong, ding ding dong.

English Version:
    Are you sleeping, are you sleeping?
    Brother John, Brother John?
    Morning bells are ringing, morning bells are ringing
    Ding ding dong, ding ding dong
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2007, 12:48 AM
    Child of Glass?

Child of Glass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feb 22, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Does the ghost sing the Frere Jacques song in this movie?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 10:51 AM
    The song frere jacques is in the film, I don't know if it's sung by a ghost, it's the only film I could find by googling that was similar to what you described. I've never watched it myself.

Feb 22, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    The song frere jacques is in the film, i dont know if it's sung by a ghost, it's the only film i could find by googling that was similar to what you described. I've never watched it myself.
    Thanks for your help.
    salvager Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2011, 06:32 AM
    Hi! I've been looking for the title to that movie for years. The version I saw was black and white. Yes. A lot of the story was surrounding that doll, I remember, and a well. I was just telling a writer friend of mine about it; but, haven't come up with the title. I looked up Child of Glass, and it doesn't seem to fit.
    salvager Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2011, 06:56 AM
    I have to retract my earlier statement. Child of Glass does look like the story. My memory has this in black and white. I wonder if there is an earlier film with a different name?
    speedbuggy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2012, 03:38 PM
    I remember the movie as well it was a old disney movie and the little girl was allowed to become real only for one night and she chose to become real to dance with the star boy of the movie,the hidden jewels were inside her doll that she couldn't find and these were found when the doll hovered over her casket then fell down and showed to contain the jewels,she was murdered because the person couldn't find them so her death was solved still the name of the movie escapes me but I'm pretty sure it was not black and white

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

The movie "colors"  1988; Sean Penn [ 22 Answers ]

What is the name of the country western song and the artist that plays at the very very beginning of the movie? It is not a rap song... but pure country western: looks like it is not on the soundtrack... I don't get it!

View more questions Search