Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donmarc100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 08:00 AM
    How to hook up speakers to sony bravia TV?
    Is there any way to hook up speakers to a bravia from a headphone Jack?

If not is there a special jack to use?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 5, 2012, 08:07 AM
    I believe the Bravia has a set up like mine in which it is meant to use an optical audio cable to connect it to a sound system.

More Information Here
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2012, 09:50 AM
    Depends on the model of the TV. (Just about every Sony is a Bravia).

You can hook speakers to the headphone jack, but it won't be loud unless the speakers you are using also have a power supply. This is what you will see with most computer speakers. They connect to the PC via a 3.5mm jack (also called a headphone jack), and plug into the wall to get power for extra amplification.

As odinn7 mentioned, you can also connect audio equipment via the fiber optic connection. But if your speakers do not have a fiber optic connection, this will not do you any good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting speakers to Sony Bravia [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all! I recently picked up a Sony Bravia 46". I would like to add some addition speakers to it to enhance the sound of both TV and digital music channels (which I will son be subscribing to). I already have a DVD player and several good speakers, so I really don't need a HTIB system. ...

How to Connect external speakers to Sony LED Bravia TV [ 3 Answers ]

I have Sony music system speakers which I want to connect to the new Sony Bravia LED TV.Now the problem is the wires from my Speakers do not have a pin. It is just a wire. How do I connect these? They are excellent speakers.

Sony bravia TV and external speakers? [ 3 Answers ]

Does the TV have to be programmed because my external speakers are hooked up but NO SOUND.

Connect external speakers to Sony Bravia [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a sony bravia 46" LCD in which the sound is not good. I have an old sony Hi-Fi system which I connected to the TV and it performs well. But I have to switch on the hi-fi system, change the mode to MD/AUX. So I'm trying to connect the speakers directly to the TV. The speakers...

Connecting old speakers to new Sony Bravia? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a small pair of external speakers (just stripped wire used for connection) that I used with my old analog TV. What do I need to use them with a new Sony Bravia TV? Can I connect them directly or do I need some amplification? What kind of connectors will work with the Sony Bravia audio out...

View more questions Search