Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andee33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 01:21 PM
    Replace bake element still won't heat up on hotpoint oven
    I replaced my bake element and it still won't heat up. The broil element heats just fine. Is there something else I need to repair?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2012, 09:45 AM
    Did you test the element before you replaced it, or did you see it burned in two? Most of the time the element will be burned in two where you can easily see that it's bad.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2012, 10:12 AM
    One thing that would help is the model number, but if the old element was good according to an ohm meter then you may have a bad thermostat or oven switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wall oven do both upper and lower elements heat on bake? [ 2 Answers ]

Frigidaire Model RBG3 94U presume it is at least 25 years old. Dimensions of oven inside are 17" x 18-1/2" When it is on bake cycle, do both upper and lower elements engage, or just the lower.

Can a 10 yr old gas Hotpoint oven be fixed if the bake doesn't work, broil works? [ 1 Answers ]

The appliance is a Hotpoint gas oven, electronic ignition, self cleaning, analog, approximately 10 years old. Turning the oven on broil it works, turning it on bake does not work. Stove top also works. I am hoping it is a part that can be replaced. Thanks

Maytag Chef oven - Bake Element [ 9 Answers ]

HI My Maytag Chef model # CER1125AAW for some reason the oven does not heat up anymore, so I checked the elements in the oven and the bottom one is not heating up, which I think is called the Bake Element I have been trying to find one online but I do not have the part #, how can I find out...

Bake element in GE Oven Model # ZET857BB2BB [ 1 Answers ]

The bake element in the top oven of my double convection oven has ceased to work. The broil element and everything else is working fine. How do I access the bake element which, apparently, is under the floor of the oven?

Electric wall oven bake element wire [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Thinking I was on a roll after rewiring my ceiling fan I decided to replace the bake element on my kenmore electric wall oven that died the other night-how hard could it be to do? I turned off the breaker-unscrewed the element and gently pulled it out. One side had the wire attached-one did...

View more questions Search