Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 15, 2007, 07:55 PM
    The return of Jesus Christ
    What are your thoughts about the return of Jesus Christ? Do you think it will be before, during, or after the Great Tribulation? Do you believe it will happen, or not?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2007, 07:53 PM
    This has been argued to death on this site and as far as I can tell is yes, no, maybe and not enough proof. Just wait and see. Believe me, that is best.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2007, 08:23 PM
    To answer this, you will only get subjective points of view - as different churches teach before Tribulation, during Tribulation, and post Tribulation. My belief is the Christ comes back post Tribulation. Some will even say that Christ is here now and just biding time.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Jesus will return. No one knows the hour, day or time of the coming. Not even the angels in heaven know. Only God knows the exact time and day of the return of Jesus Christ.

I also believe that when no one is paying attention, when no one is being watchful. That is when he will return. We as a nation as a country are being prepared and are aware. So it will not happen until we start to forget and not prepare anymore.

Joe
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

Feb 17, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston
    What are your thoughts about the return of Jesus Christ? Do you think it will be before, during, or after the Great Tribulation? Do you believe it will happen, or not?
    I didn't realize the differences of opinion that Christians have on this subject. I can understand all views, but I can support my own position, as I have always believed.

The bride (the Church) is removed BEFORE the pre-second coming wrath. (Rev.3) Notice Rev. 2&3- The theme repeats- "They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white.(Rev 3:4-5)

Then, Rev. 6 (before the great woes) the first of the seven seals is the Lord on a white horse.
    The Christians are The Great Multitude in White Robes (Rev7:9-17)

From here Christians only watch from Heaven all the wrath that will take place. Rev.19:11After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: Hallelujah!" this theme of great multitude is repeated again. Rev.19:11- I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. Rev19:13-14,He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.
    There is a song we sing in church that has this in mind, with lyrics that say, "on a white horse he comes"-I don't remember all the song but it does reinforce what I have come to believe about the rapture of the Church. Now that is for those in Christ alive at that time. The ones who will be given a final test to repent of their sins and accept Christ-will have much persecution in the end times, I understand, those who do repent will see Christ with The New Jerusalem when it comes down from heaven. For those it must be during or after the Tribulation.
    sexybeasty Posts: 112, Reputation: 16

Feb 19, 2007, 09:49 AM
    I liked your answer retro, I don't know what will happen or when, but I like your take on it. Blessings.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Since we the people of earth will not wake up, realize the true power we have and put an end to all of our problems, then I agree that the only solution is Divine intervention. We control our world and make it what it is. We have made it a world of fear, hate and war. Jesus died for nothing I suppose. If and when he does come back, I don't think he will be so passive as he was the first time around. As a matter of a fact, I wouldn't blame him if he was just a tad pissed off!

Feb 19, 2007, 11:10 AM
    I think of My Lord as loving and forgiving. In my opinion, He isn't looking to be angry but I think sorrowful for those He lost to the great deceiver.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sexybeasty
    I think of My Lord as loving and forgiving. In my opinion, He isn't looking to be angry but I think sorrowful for those He lost to the great deceiver.
    I think he was pissed when he tore up the money changers boths in the temple-I think he is quite unhappy with the way the "Church" has progressed thus far. I think he gets pissed at "Christians' that sit around watching people starve and be hearded to their death and do nothing while saying it's OK because he is loving and forgiving. He is loving and forgiving and every other thing he needs to be.
    Jesus could be that homeless person you try hard to avoid. After being avoided all day I'll bet he gets just a little pissed off at the attitude of "good Christians" these days.

But then, it's really nothing to get hung about... just my opinion and my disdain for organized religion and the posers that run it. Man created religion, not GOD.
    Send your money to JEEZ-US P.O. Box 7734 Tulsa, Oklahoma. For your love offering of $1,000,000,000, we will send you this wonderful 50 page booklet crammed full of more dogma, fear and superstition to scare you into sending us the balance of you savings account.
    Were in HELL is Jimmy Swagart now that we need him?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Mags, I'll need a zip code please to mail my check.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Mags, I'll need a zip code please to mail my check.
    Oh, sorry. That's 66666

Feb 19, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Well magprob, I don't know about God being angry, but I am betting you are pretty pi$$ed. I appreciate your opinion, and see some truth in it, but also see value in organized religion also. Blessings to you and yours.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 11:52 AM
    And may GOD bless you and yours.

Feb 19, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Hey, what happened to my previous post? It wasn't inappropriate or abusive. Just because someone disagrees I would hope the mediators would read before they delete.

Feb 19, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Sorry, my mistake. Just getting used to this site, and failed to see this is page two. LOL. Forgive me?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Too funny, lol
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 19, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Since we the people of earth will not wake up, realize the true power we have and put an end to all of our problems, then I agree that the only solution is Divine intervention. We control our world and make it what it is. We have made it a world of fear, hate and war. Jesus died for nothing I suppose. If and when he does come back, I don't think he will be so passive as he was the first time around. As a matter of a fact, I wouldn't blame him if he was just a tad pissed off!
    It is true that Jesus did get angry at times. When He returns, I don't know if He will be angry or not, but it will non really make any difference because:
    Jude 1:14-15
    14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
    15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
    (KJV)

So we see that angry nor not, jugdment is coming. Your observation that mankind has made the world what it is, is right on target. I don't think though I would lump all "organized religion" together. There are vast differences between organizations.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston
    It is true that Jesus did get angry at times. When He returns, I don't know if He will be angry or not, but it will non really make any difference because:
    Jude 1:14-15
    14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
    15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
    (KJV)

So we see that angry nor not, jugdment is coming. Your observation that mankind has made the world what it is, is right on target. I don't think though I would lump all "organized religion" together. There are vast differences between organizations.
    I agree 100% that some organizations do everything they can to help. I know that a lot of Christians give every Sunday and then go home. They think that if their money does good then good and they feel better. If the church uses their money to buy cigars, booze and hookers, then so what? As long as they gave in good faith, then they are still blessed. I would rather buy a homeless guy a burger. Then I know where it went. I went to a church one time and the preacher said all he needed was a new Mercedes. He then proceeded to put everyone there on a guilt trip about it. People started pulling out the check books. That was in 1982. I have not been back to church.
    Benny Henn said he needed 90 million dollars to build a new church. After he got the 90 million, he built an ocean front home. When asked what happened to the new church he smugly replied, GOD changed his mind.
    We do create our reality and this is the reality we have created by putting it in others hands. If we all just did one thing a day, on our own, we wouldn't need them-all problems would be solved.

Feb 19, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Wow, you have seen a few really bad Christian examples. I have seen a few too, I admit. I still have faith that there are lots who are on the right track. Organization can be good as some folks need regular communion. It would be great if everyone were discerning. I think it is fine to question the practices of the church leaders and their hearts at times if things are suspicious. There position calls them to a higher standard which I would hold them to.
    robynhgl Posts: 112, Reputation: 25

Feb 20, 2007, 10:05 AM
    From reading the Bible and really looking into Revelations and some of the other books that prophesied both the coming and the second coming of Messiah; I believe that he will return at the end of the Great Tribulation, that is when he is to pass judgement on those whom followed the Anti-Christ. At that time he will begin his 1000 year reign.

I too have some problems with 'organized' religion. But then again, apparently so does God. In Revelations the churches are addressed. I think that too many churches have taken it upon themselves to interpret the Bible in a way that best suits their needs or their wants. Religion, the belief in God as our Creator and Jesus as our Savior and Lord, is practiced as docterine rather than being taught as the way we should live our lives.

I also see so much hypocracy--just going to church and 'acting' Christian are not a guarantee into the Kingdom of Heaven. It really is something that I believe you must feel in your soul. As for forgiveness, well, we received forgiveness for our sins through the blood of Jesus Christ. We still have to admit our sins and we have to be vigilant not to keep repeating them. While God is a forgiving and patient Father... he too can get tired of waiting around for us to do what's right. He made that abundantly clear when he cleared the Earth during the flood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth of Jesus Christ [ 11 Answers ]

When was Jesus Christ born ?

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

Return on Assets & Return on Equity [ 1 Answers ]

Question... Lily Cosmetics has annual sales of $500,000,000. They maintain a net after tax profit margin of 5% and they have a sales-to-assets ratio of 4. A) What is the Return on assets? B) If the debt/equity ratio is 0.5, what is the Return on Equity?

Do Qumranic/Essense foundations of Christianity predate Jesus Christ? [ 9 Answers ]

Have you read the book, EDMUND WILSON. The Dead Sea Scrolls, 1947-1969, New York: Oxford University Press, 1969? As an eminent critic and author, Wilson has shown himself a man for all subjects. Though a self-confessed nonexpert on the scrolls, his narrative powers brought his work wide...

View more questions Search