Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 07:34 PM
    How can I retrieve/recover my emails that were "Compact" by Outlook Express 6?

Thank you very much...
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Feb 19, 2007, 11:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by toi

Thank you very much...
    Did you create a back up copy while compacting your old messages?
    toi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 03:28 AM
    NO, l didn't create backup while compact. What should I do next ?

Feb 21, 2007, 03:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by toi
    NO, l didn't create backup while compact. What should I do next ?
    I think it will be difficult to retrieve the compact mails without a back up. Normally when the files are compacted the file extension will change to something which you cannot open in the normal way. The files has to be tracked from your system and it should be renamed and the backed up files should be copied to that folder. Then only you will be able to retrieve them. Let me see if I can help you. Be patient as it will take time. I hope someone else will come up with some other ideas.
    stantips Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Hi Toi, I have the same problem and have posted same question here but unfortunately still no clear answer... I can see that many OE6 users have experienced this problem and no solution have been created (yet)... the mails would not appear on your inbox (or subfolders) but checking on the mail directory it still have some MBytes or GBytes on it, so that means the mails are still there... I don't have backup either...

Sorry for posting my reply without any answer... I hope our friend Shaved will be our saviour... :-)

Feb 22, 2007, 12:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stantips
    Hi Toi, i have the same problem and have posted same question here but unfortunately still no clear answer...i can see that many OE6 users have experienced this problem and no solution have been created (yet)...the mails would not appear on your inbox (or subfolders) but checking on the mail directory it still have some MBytes or GBytes on it, so that means the mails are still there...i don't have backup either...

Sorry for posting my reply without any answer...I hope our friend Shaved will be our saviour... :-)
    You are right, the mails are there but in a compact form which you will not be able to open. You have to retrieve those mails and back up file is needed for decoding it.
    stantips Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 12:23 AM
    Well, I'm still trying some ways to recover it, if I got one I will share to you guys... maybe there are friends here who know the people who created OE and probably can help us with this. Thanks...

Feb 22, 2007, 12:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stantips
    Well, im still trying some ways to recover it, if i got one i will share to you guys...maybe there are friends here who know the people who created OE and probably can help us with this. thanks...
    Hi guys,
    I know how to do it if you have the back up files but as you dont have them I am helpless. I dont use OE anymore as I am using Microsoft Outlook with more advanced feature.
    INSTITUTE Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Hi there,
    I'm having the same trouble retrieving emails, which are backed up. Can you tell me how to do it please?!
    Thanks,
    ~KL
    vinayak_pandit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 07:24 AM
    How to recover compact mails from outlook express 6.0

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recalling emails from Outlook Express 6.0 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone tell me if you can recall sent emails from Outlook Express?

Transferring my emails to Outlook Express [ 10 Answers ]

I had to format my hard drive and before I did that I saved all of my emails using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP Home Edition. The Wizard created a folder called USMT2.unc with two files in it. One is a DAT file called IMG00001 that's 189,959KB, and the other is a file called...

Urgent Help! How To Transfer My Outlook Express Containing My Emails From Old Pc [ 16 Answers ]

HELP PLEASE URGENT! Tomorrow I am purchasing my first Apple Mac Mini. I would appreciate very easy instructions, if possible, on what I need to do, how can I transfer all of my emails that I have in my Outlook Express, which has emails via my provider, to the new Mac Mini I am getting?? Is it very...

View more questions Search