Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kuoyang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Theft under 5000 - under 18
    Hi I am a 17 year old high school student living in Ontario Canada. Recently, I have found an unattended purse in the hallway and I took it and stole $5 and than threw the purse somewhere randomly in my school.

My principle caught me on camera and I was suspended for 10 days, also because I have a record of incidents over the past 2 years. They called the cops and I was charged with theft under 5000 and my court date is in March 20 2007. I am worried right now because I am looking for a job and also applying for university.

Also, is there a chance I can get expelled from school. I was thinking of going to a pschologist and lying saying that I am depressed.

Also I have 2 WARNING from the cops before because I stole bikes and I forged my dad's cheque but that was like 2 years ago and I didn't get charged.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Kuoyang,

First lying will ONLY complicate this more, DON'T DO THAT.

Second, you have NOT been convicted of a crime, you do NOT have a criminal record.

No job nor university will be able to know you were arrested.

On March 12, that is your trial.

Talk with your lawyer, most likely you will just plead guilty, pay some fine or something.

Since you are only 17, when you turn 18, your criminal record will be destroyed.

But as of right now, you do NOT have a criminal record, not until you plead guilty or are convicted at your trial on March 12.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 07:02 PM

Thank you for using the site,

I am sorry but you can not delete your post. Posts are not deleted unless they violate a site rule. I reviewed your post and it does not violate any rules

You don't have any record from school acts in the past and the things you did before that were not taken to court.

So this new crime will be the only thing you are going to court for. You need to get an attorney and see if you can work out a plea deal that will allow you to take a diversion program.

This will allow you not to have a record after you complete your probation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft Under $5000 [ 12 Answers ]

Ok I live in toronto and me and my friend just a made a mistake by doing shoplifting or aka "theft under $5000" at the local zellers. I'm 16 years old and this if my first ofence. I have a court date on feb.28 with my friend too and I have yet to hire a lawyer. I'm so young I dunt want my life...

Theft under 5000.. [ 7 Answers ]

Last year, I was charged with theft under 5000. And just as usual I went to court , but the thing is that this was my first offence. So they were very easy with me, I had to do some diversion program and you I did that. When back to court and I was free too go. Some people told me that when I...

B.C. Theft Under 5000$ help [ 7 Answers ]

Well.. Im 15, and I live in British Columbia, and I was in a local store with my friend... I knew he was going to steal something because he told me... Anyway someone from the staff told on him to the manager when I was hanging out with him. And now IM facing having to go to court to... ...

Theft under 5000 [ 21 Answers ]

Sorry this may be really long. Please help and reply. Okay this is my first post because I am really worrying about this thing. I stole a Playstation Portable from a student at my school. I sold it to another student at my school. It doesn't really matter now but the Principals found out. In...

Theft under 5000 [ 4 Answers ]

Today I had a friend arrested for theft under 5000 The situation is: She was in a large grocery store, she put all her grocery in a plastic bag and was looking at the flower section INSIDE the store when the security arrested her and then the police took her and detained her in a cell for the...

View more questions Search