Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 3, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Mark Steyn [URL="http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/03/steyn-rips-obamas-brother%e2%80%99s-keeper-remark-his-brother-is-back-in-kenya-living-on-12-a-year/#ixzz1lMQE0l8J"][U]had a nice suggestion
    I have a terrific idea!! Steyn should send $100 (! ) to George and put Obama to shame. That would put Steyn's money where his mouth is and be a good example for us all.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2012, 06:07 AM
    No, no switcherooski here. Steyn's integrity isn't the one in question here, Obama's is. Is he taking care of his brother or not?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2012, 07:20 AM
    No, no switcherooski here. Steyn's integrity isn't the one in question here, Obama's is. Is he taking care of his brother or not?
    Does his half-brother want any money from Obama?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2012, 09:04 AM
    Hello again,

Wow. When things start to go south, they REALLY go south. Poor Republicans..

The recent overreach by the Komen foundation, while surely intended to QUIETLY strike another blow on the side of antiabortion activism, succeeded instead in waking a powerful constituency. The response it generated was UNIFIED and THUNDEROUS.

Recent attacks on collective bargaining by Republican governors have produced mass mobilization in those states, the likes of which we haven't seen in decades. Public service workers - cops, firefighters, nurses, teachers, paramedics, sanitation workers – once were the proud backbone of the middle class. Now they find themselves derided by the GOP as the new welfare queens who are taking more than their fair share.

The Trump endorsement was just icing on the cake. All I got to say is, the worm has turned... I'm looking at a landslide!

excon
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2012, 09:18 AM
    Is it important to know that he is? Will that cause you to like/respect him more? Or will you say, "Is that ALL he's sending him?"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2012, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    The Trump endorsement was just icing on the cake. All I got to say is, the worm has turned... I'm looking at a landslide!
    Trump should have endorsed Newt. Trump and Callista could have shared hair care secrets.
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2012, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Does his half-brother want any money from Obama?
    Do I want Obamacare? Since when does what we want matter to a liberal?
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2012, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Is it important to know that he is? Will that cause you to like/respect him more? Or will you say, "Is that ALL he's sending him?"
    Why yes, seeing him lead by example in this would help me respect him more.
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2012, 02:43 PM
    Well there's your all-encompassing problem. Your fanaticism clouds your judgement.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2012, 04:15 PM
    Why yes, seeing him lead by example in this would help me respect him more.
    So if he gives him xx amount, it won't be enough, and why is he bragging AGAIN? If he doesn't give him anything, shame, shame, shame.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2012, 04:17 PM
    Let's say you can't afford health insurance. What would you do if you got sick?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2012, 09:06 PM
    What a strange question, I live in a place where you never have to ask that question
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2012, 03:41 AM
    WG there are already safetynet provisions for those who can't afford health care. That is just a canard to force the whole country into a universal government command and control system.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2012, 03:54 AM
    Ex the recall in Wisconsin will fail and fail badly . That's because Governor Walker's reforms have already saved the state. Last year's $3 billion deficit is now a $300 million surplus.It was accomplished without the new taxes that unions favored.Seems the only solution libs have is to tax tax tax .
    Rank and file will eventually get around to asking why union bosses are wasting their hard earned money that they've handed over the union in the form of dues. The next recall will be ousting the union bosses.
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2012, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

Wow. When things start to go south, they REALLY go south. Poor Republicans..

The recent overreach by the Komen foundation, while surely intended to QUIETLY strike another blow on the side of antiabortion activism, succeeded instead in waking a powerful constituency. The response it generated was UNIFIED and THUNDEROUS.
    What overreach? Komen took the initiative to follow their own rules, in response donations to both groups were up 100 percent... and then they caved. The fallout will be measured for some time. I can promise you a lot of people - regardless of political bent are going to drop support for Komen. I will never support PP and I'm far from alone.
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2012, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Let's say you can't afford health insurance. What would you do if you got sick?
    Still trying to change the subject from Obama's hypocrisy.
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2012, 07:47 AM
    Still trying to change the subject from Obama's hypocrisy.
    Actually YOU changed the subject way back on post 21: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...ml#post3018255

Hypocrite.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2012, 08:07 AM
    What overreach? Komen took the initiative to follow their own rules,
    Hello again, Steve:

It was in response to a right wing congressmen SAYING they used federal funds for abortion... PP SAID they didn't, and provided supporting documents... They've done this COUNTLESS times, because this ISN'T the first attack..

ANY dufus could see the partisan investigation for what it was... To STOP funding PP because of this PHONEY investigation looks to be political...

Besides, they just changed the rules in order TO exclude PP.

Plus, if you want to look at the backlash as just more liberal noise, you absolutely may.. But, the left is making itself FELT for the first time in a long time, and I'd be worried if I was a right winger.

excon
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2012, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    WG there are already safetynet provisions for those who can't afford health care.
    And those are?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2012, 01:24 PM
    The safety net Tom speaks of is the business practice of passing on costs to other tax payers, or raising the rates of insurance premiums, or billing the government (US) through grants for county hospitals that work with the poor or uninsured. What a con job the right pushes, as any mandate to have insurance ONLY will affect those 50 million that don't have it, nor wish to get it.

Of course you can put the heat on the prez, without lifting a finger or doing anything by which to be judged, or compared to. That's why we get all this rhetoric from the right about how bad everything else is because they have no solutions, just loyalty to a system that screws them too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search