Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mima oumaima Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2012, 06:48 AM
    Why do I feel depressed?
    I'm an 18 years old girl and I tend to feel depressed every coupl month for no reason and no matter what I do the feeling just doesn't go away I hate and question every one around me my parents my family and my friends .I also tend to listen to old music especially rock n roll songs that remindes me of my early teenage years .the foot just doesn't tasted the same I go out I go shopping still I feel sad and feel like crying and start looking for resons may be I don't have too much friends may be I don't have a boyfriend may be I should fall in love may be I should loose wieght I did all of that this year I got everything I wished for I have more friends I'm in love still I get like that for three weeks or more every once and while is it normal .is it related to hormons or something or is it just life ?
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Feb 2, 2012, 07:06 AM
    Mime Omaima,
    Firstly, I welcome you to this great site!

Depression is a temporary phenomenon, at the initial stage, but if you keep on mulling over your past and future, too much, and tend to avoid society, you might feel stress, strain and tension. But, if you tend to read your favourite books, listen to your favourite music and play your favourite games, you will get rid of such depressing feelings. Sometimes people depress when they have plenty of task but they forget. So, I would suggest you to write down everything what happens to you, what you plan to do like getting a haircut, buying a book and so so so. Keep a self-diary, in which you can note down everything from which you learn.
    Somebody1234 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Feb 2, 2012, 07:21 PM
    I know how you feel. I've experienced the same sort of feelings time and time again. I had my wake up call kind of the same way you did. I mean, I haven't been given everything I wanted, but I did accomplish a few things that I wanted to last year, and yet, I wasn't very happy. Its weird when you seem to want 'the world', and then on the day when you're finally given it, you're like... wait, what? I'm not satisfied? But I thought this was what I wanted? As human beings, its easy for us to experience bouts of depression, because we have so many things in this world that make us susceptible to it.

Sometimes people just go through weird phases in life where they thought it was depression, but it really wasn't. But... you know there's something wrong when the things that used to satisfy you, no longer do. And you really know you're in deep when you've been given new things that you never had before, things that you always 'thought' you wanted, only to realize that when you got them, you still weren't happy or satisfied. This doesn't mean that there's no hope, but I think it's a wake up call that its time for you to talk with someone.

You could try writing things down, or doing something productive as a way to vent out any emotions without having to take it to a counselor/therapist. But if it seems like nothing like that is really helping, speak with someone. A professional. It really sucks feeling miserable all the time. And you might not notice it right away, but if you open up your eyes to those around you, you'll see that people do care. They're paying more attention than you think. And its going to bring them down too.

You deserve to be happy, especially since your 18, and you have a whole life ahead of you! :) Nobody deserves to feel crummy. Tell someone how you feel. Talk about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Feel depressed all the time! [ 22 Answers ]

Hey y'all, I recently got diagnosed With PMDD* and I feel like the ugliest girl in the world. My boyfriend of 5 years cheated on my 5 times and lied to me a ton. I didn't find out until a few years in the relationship and I found out all at once. The catch is I have a five year old daughter from my...

I feel very depressed [ 1 Answers ]

I feel very depressed because my wife is suffering from a mental disorder SCHIZOPHRENIA for last 7 yr I trying to give her best treatment but all in vain so now this is unbearable for me to treat her I cannot leave her because of 11 yr daughter

I feel depressed [ 3 Answers ]

I feel so down and irritated for about the past 3 months. I feel worthless at many points of the day. In the morning I can't get out of bed hardly. Yet at night I cannot fall asleep/ stay asleep. Im getting migraines more severe and more often and my stomach is just a mess. Im constantly having an...

Why do I feel so depressed? [ 4 Answers ]

I'd like some help with a few things, I don't know if I might be depressed or have some sort of other mental illness. I deal with my dad's overly constant verbal and mental abuse, I've talked to someone who said that they could be trusted but shunned me away saying that my dad treated me fine when...

I feel lonely and depressed [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I do not know where to start :(. I feel so lonely and miserable, Im 20 yrs old.. I don't have many friends and the best friend that I had - has stopped talking to me for stupid reasons such as.. I fink all the boys like me, etc. Which is NOT d case but at times I would blame myself and...

View more questions Search