Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JHammond Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 09:05 PM
    Wrong Tax ID paid by a 3rd Party My Mortgage Company Uses
    I received a letter from CoreLogic stating they paid the wrong parcel ID and put someone Else's money into my escrow, they say they messed up and apologize and want me to pay them back for their own account and not on behalf of nor for Chase.

My escrow was closed by Chase after I sent a letter to the Wyoming Attorney General because of Chases' negligence in managing and paying out of my escrow account. My taxes were late and they attempted to pad the escrow account and increase my payment by over $1500 additional a month. I received a check from Chase for the remaining monies in the escrow. I had no idea Chase continued to mismanage my account and now they are attempting to pawn this problem off on me.

I have never signed nor had any dealings with CoreLogic and they are now using an attorney to try and collect a debt. Is this debt valid?
    audrina2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 07:33 AM
    They are doing the same to me. How did this turn out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refinanced through mortgage lender who never paid off original mortgage company [ 1 Answers ]

I signed closing papers on June 11 with funding to occur on June 16 for the refinance of my home more than 45 days ago. To date (July 31), my original mortgagor has not received the pay-off from the company with whom I refinanced. Since the papers were signed, two payments have become due (and...

Tax Deduction in US for Mortgage paid in UK [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter who is a US Citizen resides in London and works in London. She is in the Process of buying a flat in London. Question #1 If I am a cosignor on the mortgage and she resides in the residence and I make the payments, can I deduct it even if her name is the one the deed or whatever...

Income Tax for L1 holder paid from company overseas [ 2 Answers ]

I entered the US on 7/31/07 on a L1 Visa. As Immigration Law allows, my salary will continue to be paid by the mother company in Italy. My Italian CPA says that Italian law allows me not to pay tax if I spend more than 50% of a calendar year in another country as an immigrant or non-immigrant in...

How to work as a 3rd party staffing company [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently formed a new staffing company. I have couple of questions 1) How to work as a 3rd party staffing company and make sure that we are not kicked off. For Eg. Let say there is an opening in company 'A' . Ompany 'A' contacted a staffing company 'B' to fill this position. 'B' then...

View more questions Search