Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaigrace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Projectile motion
    A policeman aimed his riffle at the bulls eye of a target 100ft away. If the speed of the bullet is 500 feet per second. How far below the bulls eye does the bullet strikes the target
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2012, 08:06 PM
    Not enough info to determine what a bullet would do.

Tell us the whole story.

Chuck
    Aurora2000 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Feb 2, 2012, 02:10 AM
    I think OP means initial velocity of 500ft/s, all horizontal component, no vertical component.

In this case the projectile flies 0.2s before reaching the target. In this time the gravitation will accelerate it downwards, and using , the projectile is below the bull eye.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Projectile Motion [ 1 Answers ]

After a golf ball is hit it takes off with an initial speed of 19.0 m/s and at an angle of 33.5 with respect to the horizontal. The golf field is flat and horizontal. Neglecting air resistance how far will the golf ball fly? How high will the golf ball rise? How much time will the ball spend in...

Projectile motion [ 6 Answers ]

A cart moves with velocity vC = 10 m/s in the horizontal direction as shown below. https://online-s.physics.uiuc.edu/cgi/courses/shell/common/showme.pl?courses/phys100/fall10/hwb/04/01/cart.gif A ball is ejected from the cart with an initial velocity vB with respect to the cart such that an...

Projectile motion [ 2 Answers ]

As it passes over Grand Bahama Island, the Eye of a hurricane is moving in a direction 69◦ North of west with a speed of 37 km/h. Three Hours later, it shifts due north, and its speed Slows to 98 km/h. How far from Grand Bahama is the eye 4.50 H after it passes over the island? Answer in...

Projectile motion [ 1 Answers ]

I have problems with calculations involving projectiles, pliz help me and refer to the best wesites where I can get help? Thanks or send to <[email protected]>

View more questions Search