Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeslieCastro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 05:03 PM
    If 1.7 moles of C4H10 reacts with oxygen, how many moles of carbon dioxide will be pr
    This is stoichiometry, and I need to first make an equation, then balance it out and show the work of how I did it.. but I don't get how to do it..
    Benefactor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 05:16 AM
    The reaction 2C4H10 +13o2 = 8CO2+10H2O
    so if 2 moles of C4H10 gives you 8 moles of CO2 then 1.7 moles of C4H10 gives you 6.8 molesof CO2
    2-8
    1.7-x
    1.7*8/2
    x=6.8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The number of moles of oxygen produced/consumed in the experiment.. [ 10 Answers ]

Laboratory experiments such as this allow researchers to measure photosynthesis and respiration in organisms under highly controlled conditions. For example, in this experiment the temperature was maintained at 18 °C. Suggest why the temperature was kept constant and what effects there...

Carbon dioxide and oxygen [ 4 Answers ]

Why does carbon dioxide and oxygen diffuse in opposite directions? Can anyone explain to me in simple form

How much of carbon dioxide (CO2) could be made from 36 moles of sugar [ 1 Answers ]

How much of carbon dioxide (CO2) could be Made from 36 moles of sugar (C12H22O11) by The reaction C12H22O11 + 12O2 ! 12CO2 + 11H2O?

View more questions Search