Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbie55555 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 01:35 PM
    My husband kicked me out with nothing is there any kind of help I can get?
    I am 58 years old I've been married for almost 3 years lived with him before the marriage for 2 years my husband kicked me out of the house for no reason he is bi-polar takes medications my name is on the van also it was on the checking account we got married in Ohio reside in Minnesota 5 months and Texas 7 I had no money when he kicked me out I'm just lucky I have a daughter who took me in I have no job I quit my job when I moved in with him I did everything for him I wonder what legal stance I have and what can I get him for he has been harassing me and my family slandering me to a lot of people. Thank you for your help
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2012, 01:40 PM
    First I'd contact a divorce Attorney and get the process underway. He/she can advise you of your rights in the State where you now reside - that's the State that has jurisdiction.

You can get him arrested for harassing you - call the Police (or have your family call the Police if he's bothering them).

As far as slander - unfortunately that comes with a marriage gone bad. There is probably little you can do.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 1, 2012, 05:20 PM
    We often have questions in this forum that go "can he/she legally kick me out". The answer depends on what you mean by "kick out".

If he literally and violently ejected you, that would probably be criminal assault, so no. But I doubt that's what you mean.

If he asked you to leave and you complied, in all likelihood he can get away with that.

If it's somewhere in between, you will have to give us the details, and probably should also tell us which state you where in when this happened: Minnesota or Texas.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 1, 2012, 05:25 PM
    He legally could not force you to leave the marital home. But apparently you voluntarily left. You may have feared for your safety, but you still left.

So now you only choice is to file for divorce and support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my husband some kind of sexual deviant, or is this normal behavior for all men? [ 19 Answers ]

I‘m already dealing with a narcissist husband, but now I‘m really getting concerned about whether his behavior is "normal" male behavior or if there is something really wrong with him mentally. Here are the things I‘m concerned with: He seems to have an obsession women wearing leather high heel...

My common law husband kicked me out! What are my rights? [ 4 Answers ]

My (common law) husbad and I have been living together for almost a year. We split the bills from day 1. We bought the house we're in, but everything is in his name: the title, all bills. Now he wants to break up. What are my rights in this situation? Would I have any rights to stay on the house?

I have kicked my husband out after 3 years of lies.have I done the right thing? [ 58 Answers ]

I met my partner 3 years ago, thought he was Mr Perfect, I then found out 4 months into the relationship that he had another woman on the go... I found out and it all came out and kicked off, all 3 of our lives turned into what felt like a living hell, so much argueing and it affected all our...

View more questions Search