Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    surajits Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 04:38 PM
    2006 Non-Resident Tax Return
    Hi

I'm a resident of India and come to USA on L1B from India in Nov 4 '2006. I'm working in IBM. I'm living in Garden Grove, CA.

I've got my W2 and now I want to file my Tax.

1. What're the Forms I need to fill up for federal and state Tax return?
    I'm suppose to get refund from Federal & State.

2. What're the deductions or excemption I'll get for federal tax return?
    thound Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 06:24 PM
    1- you'll need to file form 1040NR (or NR-EZ, if you qualify). I don't know about state forms for California

2- you can claim a single personal exemption (unless you can claim dependents). You may be able to claim a deduction for moving expenses.

For detailed instructions:
    Publication 519 (2005), U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 16, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Surajits:

Are you married?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2006 - Tax return [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am from India, I entered US in October 17th 2006 with H1 visa. This is my first entry to US. Would like to know (for tax return) whether I am Non Resident alien or Resident alien. Which form I need to use 1040NR or 1040EZ for tax return? And I am married but wife is not staying with me...

Resident or Non-resident Alien for tax year 2006? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have been in the US since 20th January 2006 and am on the payroll of my company since July 2006 , for the purpose of filling Tax returns for the year 2006 , am I a resident Alien or a non-resident alien?

Work and Travel - tax return 2006 [ 1 Answers ]

I was on a Work and Travel program in 2006. I am from Bulgaria and would like to know about the itemise deductions some more. I read aboput that I can use personal exemptions on the amount of 3300 USD for 2006 and itemise deductions. Is this correct? Can I put my work and travel program cost and...

Tax Return NY State J1 to H1B. Resident or not? [ 1 Answers ]

In 2005 I worked for the same company. As an intern (J1) from January 1st 2005 to June the 15th As an Employee (H1B) from November 6th to December 31st 2005 I was back in France between September 9th to November 6th to get my H1B Visa. Should I file my tax as a resident or an Non...

Tax Return Till march 31 2006 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I'm on H1-B, I'm going back to india and may not come back to US So I want to clear all my tax dues I want to fill the tax return till march 31 2006, how Can I do that and I don't have a W4 form for the perion Jan06 - marc 06 Thanks Sukhmeet

View more questions Search