Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    umesh12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 05:49 AM
    Wrong Address Issue
    I recently moved into a new apartment and my leasing office gave me wrong address. All my bank accounts, cable and power were updated to the address which was provided. I just came to yesterday from the cable guy that my address is wrong and he can't provide service. The leasing office manager apologized for this admin error and told that she would change the address right away. My only concern is my company sent my W2 to the wrong address provided by the leasing office. I went and asked the people who live in that address if they ever saw W2 mail on my name & they said they did and they trashed it. Now my SSN is stolen and I am sacred. I need to know what legal action can I take on my leasing office. Please advise me.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2012, 09:17 AM
    It's an honest mistake. (I assume you mean scared, not sacred.)

Yes, your SS number is "out there."

Until you experience some type of loss due to the SS number being used without your knowledge you have no case. You can only sue for monetary damages, not for "what ifs."

I understand your concern. I would also wonder why the tenants who received the mail trashed it instead of simply handing it back to the Post Office.

You have to wait and see - but I see an administrative error.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re-address the humming house issue? [ 22 Answers ]

I see this discussion has been closed? Well, I'm opening it again! I have the infamous "humming house" problem now too. I've lived in this house for over 10 years and am the original owner here. Never noticed this sound until about two months ago of 2011. It was winter here in Ajax, Ontario, Canada...

Sent a package to the wrong address [ 7 Answers ]

I wasn't sure where this would fit best, but here goes. I sent a package to my step-dad and sister and realized today (2 days later) that I had sent it to the wrong address. It usually takes 3-4 days to get a package from here to there. Is there anything that I can do to get the package...

Package sent to wrong address what happens [ 1 Answers ]

Sent letter to patient at loyola hospital and put room number on. Got letter back said return to sender no forwarding information available. Patient was moved to a different room. Thank you

Home Network Default Gateway address issue [ 6 Answers ]

I have a problem with my home network of 3 computers. I clicked on the "Set up a Home or small office" icon on my XP machine and it came up with an error that it couldn't renew my IP address. I have manually renewd my IP and Subnet mask addresses, as ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew did not...

Wrong address on email [ 1 Answers ]

There's a place where it says "history, today, Monday, etc. How can I delete that Daily? When I send an email to several people and one of the emails is said to be wrong (damien mailer), does that email still get sent with the other people on it?

View more questions Search