Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicpoppleton Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 04:23 PM
    lump on knee
    I have a lump on the outer of my left knee. My GP says it's the jelly stuff that surrounds the joint that has come away I had an x-ray which didn't show anything. I don't want to keep taking pills my GP says that nothing can be done. Its very painfull when I have walked for a while or driven. When I first mentioned it to him he said it was either a steroid injection or op but now its nothing can be done HELP.:confused:
    charmedone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Hi I Have A Lump On My Knee And Its Been There For Years
    Wiglet Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Is it the actual lump that is painful or your knee?

Here's another thought. Sometimes doctors do not find anything wrong because there is nothing physically wrong with the actual knee joint. What is wrong is a person's gait/walk. A person might be putting strain on their knee/s and all that is needed is specially made insoles for your shoes.

Of course you could have tendinitis or bursitis but your doctor must have ruled this out now otherwise he would be offering the injection.

The best advise I can give is to talk to your doctor and as why he/she thinks an injection will not work and what will work. Tell them how much it is affecting your life and get it sorted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on inside of leg on my knee [ 2 Answers ]

I play a lot of soccer and last may I went in for a tackle and hurt my knee at first the pain seem to be inside the knee and I couldn't bend my leg I didn't go to the docs because I thought it would get better on its own which it has to a certain extent I can bend it now but I've just started...

Knee problem [ 4 Answers ]

The other day I had gone to sit down and my knee poped. I felt a lot of pain when going to get up or walk up and down stairs, I almost felt like I would pass out. I was at my high school at the time and only had two more blocks left, not wanting to have to walk across the whole school for the nurse...

Knee pain [ 1 Answers ]

I’m 7 weeks into a knee injury. I fell from 3 feet up on top of a wood bench going through the seating part catching my leg in the frame clipping my knee just below the kneecap and hyper extending as I rolled at the same time. I had a mri and x-rays at 4 weeks and was told that the lcl and meniscus...

Knee won't scab over [ 1 Answers ]

I skidded out in the bike part of a triathlon last Sunday and skinned my knee, arm, etc. The bruises are awesome! I'm worried that the scab on my knee keeps cracking open because it's on a joint (obviously). Should I keep it covered with neosporin or something so it doesn't crack... it'll never...

Knee won't scab over [ 2 Answers ]

I skidded out in the bike part of a triathlon last Sunday and skinned my knee, arm, etc. The bruises are awesome! I'm worried that the scab on my knee keeps cracking open because it's on a joint (obviously). Should I keep it covered with neosporin or something so it doesn't crack... it'll never...

View more questions Search