Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melacrystal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 10:28 PM
    What should I do ? This is a strange situation...
    I have been seeing my boyfriend for 6 months. He has 19 and 14 year old sons. I have 18, 15, sons and 12 year old daughter. We were high school mates back 25 years ago. Ok so.. Every since his ex wife left and they divorced over a year ago, the 14 year old son sleeps every night with his dad. He has his own room and bed, but only will sleep in bed with his dad and dad allows it.. Even at times encourages it. I think this is rather strange. I have only allowed my children when they were very young to sleep with me and only when they were sick. How long is long enough and how should I approach this or should I.
    Please help me I need advice
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 1, 2012, 08:04 AM
    I agree, this is a strange situation. Do you think you would have moved in with him six months ago, had you known of the 14 year old sharing a bed with his father?

Where do you sleep!

Yes, I would most definitely bring this up. This teenage boy needs his own room, and his own bed, and your boyfriend is not doing him any favours, or encouraging his indepence (age appropriate), by allowing this to continue.

I would think that the other four children are old enough to think this is a situation that isn't right either.

Without knowing why this is going on, and if he is, or is not, willing to take steps to address the issue, you remaining silent will not change anything.

There may be more clues to how he responds to your concern, when you talk to him. Without knowing anything about the 14 year old (insecurity, fears, etc.) it is hard to advise you further.

But yes, my opinion is, you need to address this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very strange Situation [ 7 Answers ]

I met that girl 2 weeks ago , we both work in an international organization and she just came to my city , there is a lot of guys around that girl helping her out and showing her around , one day in a bar I made a move no one noticed and since then we kiss and we had sex once , and we are kind of...

Strange situation [ 7 Answers ]

I dated the love of my life for a year but then I broke up with him and broke his heart too. I broke up with him because I started to get very jealous and suspicious and more angry every day. Im not sure why I did this except for the fact that he stopped wanting to have sex with me. I am not bad...

Strange situation. Don't know who is being cheated [ 21 Answers ]

My girlfriend (well, maybe ex) did something really terrible. She was in an on/off relationship with me and finally I was tired of it and told her that we should not talk anymore. However, because we still didn't have any bad blood, two weeks later, she tried contacting me, and I was almost waiting...

Strange situation [ 9 Answers ]

Ok well I've been out with this girl twice now, the first time on valentines day and the second time the day after (I did because she asked if I wanted to so it's not like I forced her to). Well I thought things were going great between us, good conversation, she kept laughing at pretty much...

Strange Situation, advice please! [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry this is so lengthy. I leased a business, when the lease ran out we were finacially unable to renew. We owed an enormous amount of money at the time (around $60,000). One of the suppliers we owed told me not to pay the debt to them because the contract we'd signed placed the responsibility of...

View more questions Search