Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JSB8088 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Polar migration
    What is the impact of the current polar migration on the strength of Coriolis force
    At the poles -- especially with respect to the consequent 'shearing' off the
    Upper atmosphere(s) and consequent thinning of resistance to solar penetration
    And ionization of the levels ?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 02:26 AM
    Do you mean the migration of the magnetic field?

I thought that the coriolis force was non-existant at the poles.
    And that the coriolis force was caused by the rotation of the earth - nothing to do with the magnetic field.

Ions may be able to pass more closely to earth during reversal, but I don't think that anybody is convinced whether the poles are migrating or not.

Could you please define your question a little better? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do deal with bi polar girlfriend [ 8 Answers ]

I've been with my girl for 1 1/2 yrs every now and then she has her manic episodes which are quite violent screaming hitting me etc. I'm a big guy so I don't mind this but it seems the longer we are together the worse the episodes get she say that she loves me very much and that I'm the only guy to...

Bi-Polar Getting In The Way Of Our Relationship? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been diagnosted with Bi-Polar Disorder and I am generating well without the use of any medication and have been for the past year. Although I do realize that at times (all of the time) I may be a little much for my boyfriend or any man thet I have been involved with in the past to handle. I...

Bi-Polar:Is My Experience Relevant To Your Problem? [ 2 Answers ]

BI-POLAR DISORDER IN MY FAMILY AN 80 YEAR STORY IN CONTEXT: 1926-2006 I will begin this account with the earliest experiences of bi-polar disorder or perhaps a mild schizo-affected problem I know of in my mother’s life, experiences that, from what she told me...

View more questions Search