Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rameapuffin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 08:33 PM
    Accumulated amortization and the balance sheet
    Does the accumulated amortization go on the trial balance part of the preparation of an adjusted trail balance sheet
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2012, 07:45 AM
    Yes it does, Accumulated Amortization is a Contra Asset account and would appear on a Balance Sheet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why accumulated depreciation write on liabilities side of balance sheet? [ 1 Answers ]

Nature of account of accumulated depreciation and treatment

What is the offset to the accumulated depreciation on a balance sheet? I have it sub [ 2 Answers ]

What is the offset to the accumulated depreciation on a balance sheet? I have it subtracted from the assets. Would it decrease the owners equity?

Preparing is, re and balance sheet from Trial balance adjustement sheet [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to do my income statement, retained earnings and balance sheet from my adjusted trial balance sheet. I am confused from my book about the debits and credits. When I transfer them over from the adjusted sheet. Do they stay on the same sides. For example: assests will be on the...

The Accumulated Depreciation's account balance is the sum of [ 1 Answers ]

The Accumulated Depreciation's account balance is the sum of Depreciation expense recorded in past periods. True/False I think True 21. Supplies are recorded as assets when purchased. Therefore, the credit to supplies in the adjusting entry is for the amount of supplies: a. that are in...

View more questions Search