Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lonnie78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 07:11 PM
    How does this offset stuff work?
    How much back child support do I have to owe before my federal taxes are offset and they take it?
    Lonnie78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 07:32 PM
    Will I get a notice if my taxes get offset?
    What's the process if my taxes are going to get offset? Will I need to see a judge? Or will the IRS and Recovery services just do it?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 1, 2012, 09:19 AM
    The state which supervises the child support payments will file a garnishment notice with the IRS, who will then confiscate your federal tax refund each year until you are caight upo with the child support.

At what point the state submits the garnishment varies from state to state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OFFSET FLANGE which is offset 4 from centre [ 1 Answers ]

WHERE CAN YOU FINE A flange which A offset 4” from centre? OR WHERE CAN YOU GET IT fabricate?

Toilets that work with an offset flange [ 1 Answers ]

We have two toilets with offset flanges. They back up more often than one would like. A plumber said the only way to improve that problem is to install a power flush toilet. We don't mind doing that, but wonder if it will do the trick. Our floors are made of flagstone so I suspect it wouldn't be...

I want to get back, but I have to work on some stuff. [ 12 Answers ]

Hey guys, My girlfriend and I broke up. She said that in the last week I became Clingy and Dramatic, which is true because I haven't had a relationship in high-school and I didn't want to mess things up. Well I did because she is a very secretive person who hates basic PDA (Holding hands, Hugging...

View more questions Search